Rayco rg 50 super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been blowing it off pretty well every time I park it back at the house.

I don't know where yuh are, but here in New England, there are more rocks than you can shake a stick at. Doing these stumps I probably hit several hundred golf ball size rocks and at least a dozen or so potato or larger rocks that were under the stump and roots.
I have never had a chance to see how long a tooth lasts cutting wood.
I did all the roots first and left the center of mass, then rotated the bad teeth before I did the "stump" portion.

Texas. I can't imagine. We have zero natural rock. In that environment I'm sure you have nothing worth sharpening. Big expense over me.

The outer teeth all just get ruined. The middles and inners just wear, the rock never really gets to them. I was planning on sending out all the ones that are so so to get sharpened

Made a nice tool box for the trailer today, dividers from scrap wood from my sugar house I built. Bracket was already part of the trailer.

Hey top, how many hours on your grinder, how long have you had it, what year?

Made a nice tool box for the trailer today, dividers from scrap wood from my sugar house I built. Bracket was already part of the trailer.

Hey top, how many hours on your grinder, how long have you had it, what year?

I picked up this machine in April '14. I was in going through Baton Rouge on the way home "Fat Tuesday" when they closed down I-10 due to ice everywhere. Interesting trip pulling a trailer.
It had a little over a thousand hours on it when I got it and now I'm at 1900 or so hours. I think it is a '06 or '07.

Hey ODM, here is pic of side guards. Let me know if you need something specific.Super 50 side guards.jpg Don't forget the one below. It keeps a lot of dust out of the oil cooler.

I see. That was what I figured the non operator side looked like. I am not mets savvy enough to make something just like the real one.
I did replace the underneath one with a heavy piece of heavy rubber

I just put my rg 1642 on Craigslist last night.
I had a scammer email me about how he is ready to purchase the machine for his "lovely sister for her wedding ceremony" I am sure that is just what she wants as a wedding present, a stump grinder. All the punctuation and spacing was weird too.

I see. That was what I figured the non operator side looked like. I am not mets savvy enough to make something just like the real one.
I did replace the underneath one with a heavy piece of heavy rubber
I had to replace that guard as well. I bought a pair of mud flaps that go on a 18 wheeler. 1/4" thick. Cut them to size and did both machines with one flap. BIG difference in the amount of crap that makes it under the machine and up where it does not belong. The real test will be when it dries up and I do a dusty job. Way less material making it into the oil cooler fins so far.
How's it going with your Super?

Hey Top, mines doing well. Did what I consider a lot of stumps last year, several really big. At least 5 where the ground area was the size of my truck or so. It is also so nice to do a dozen small stumps in no time compared to the town behind having to be repositioned with truck.
I never got a good system for the passenger side deflector, so I got a few shields I stand up around the stump for containment.
I probably did my last stumps in December last year, and just did a handful a couple weeks ago. Everything was good with its few months sitting.
Need to move my 1642 this year and put that money towards something else.

I kinda forgot about it being winter for you. My December, January have always been pretty dead even though it's the best time to work here. Our trees have been full with leaves for weeks.
I saw an ad for a factory refurbished Super that was listed for $52,000!! Looks really nice. Glad I'm not making those payments...
Good luck hope you have a good year!

Back