Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Really lousy customer service from these guys.

Discussion in 'Bailey's' started by Bedford T, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Bedford T

Bedford T Addicted to ArboristSite

I did a chat session with someone there today and asked about a carb i was shopping they had a "we got more coming soon" showing on the buy page. so I fire up chat to ask if they in fact had more coming. i provided clear product info including their item number and they sent me a link to the rebuild kit. i sent back thats not what i asked for and not another word. i just disconnected after waiting twiddling my thumbs about 8 minutes waiting on an answer.

last week i asked about a cylinder kit they would not answer my questions. i was concerned about a couple lousy product reviews and i wanted info on specific concerns.

last straw, i look up the air filter i am shopping and they clearly state the filter they show is a oem filter and you can tell the frame is modified of the new type and the manufacture had not produced one like that. i guess thats why they say the parts come from various sources so they can point to their supplies as supplying them with fake parts that they sell as originals and collect their premium. when you are in business selling fakes is your fault, you chose them.

i bet this is wide spread they must do enough business to where they are just flippant about the whole customer service thing. we screw you so what. please dont write me and ask me to contact you, that will not happen i got better things to do that chase you.

blows my mind how business today just dont care no matter what they say. my daddy would often say a mans actions speak louder than his words, sad. watch your money, they are.

2. IyaMan

IyaMan Addicted to ArboristSite

I ordered a saw with Baileys via phone 2 months ago, then a day later changed my order to a different saw (the original saw was on backorder) also via phone. Beforehand I did quite a bit of online chat with them about price, options, etc.

Maybe its just me, but I have to say it all went super smooth, even with my after-the-fact change in order. There was even a discount involved as well as a few other items I got which shipped separately, but there was no mix-up or pricing trouble. I thought the two different operators I talked with were pretty cool to tell the truth.

Of note, I ended up going with Baileys after first getting the run-around with one of the member-dealers on here. At first it was smooth (though he responded pretty slow), then when I was ready to pay up and seal the deal I no longer got a response (just needed a final price from him for everything). Waited 2 weeks, wrote multiple emails asking what happened, even worried about his health or something, and simply heard nothing (but I did see him signing into the site here almost daily). There was no sort of tense exchange when ordering, just a straightforward sale of a fairly big saw and some extra stuff. He just seemed to ignore me (I guess a $900 order isn't enough to bother with). After finally writing that I give up and going to Baileys, another week or so later I finally got a response of "Oh, hey, sorry about that. No hard feelings."

As there was no money exchanged (just a few weeks of pointless hassle for me) I'm not gonna go around bad-mouthing him, but the guy has actual threads on here dedicated to how great of a seller he is. Go figure. So I guess like you and Baileys, sometimes even those with a decent reputation have their crappy moments.

3. Bedford T

Bedford T Addicted to ArboristSite

Of course folks can have a bad moment my experience was more than that. I am not a Quaker and when I been screwed with I don't look for the Sunnyside. I gave an accurate account and if it helps someone else wonderful. It sounds like you are their target customer someone tolerant of poor customer service. There will be no shortage of places you can leave your money. Good on you.

4. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04 ArboristSite Member

Yea I recently had a crappy experience, I ordered a cannon bar and some ripping chains. I went on vacation and got back to an email saying the bar wouldn't come in until the end of this month instead of 2-3 weeks from ordering like it says on their site. I didn't care but when I got on their site I noticed the bar I ordered was $50 off from the price I paid. I got on chat, sent my question and after no response for 12 minutes, I exited out and did it again. Talked to a guy and asked if I could get my purchase price adjusted with the on sale price, he said I got a discount and couldn't do anything, the discount he was talking about was the save $50 on spending $400+. Since he either didn't want to take the time to do it or whatever, I told him to cancel my order, then I just reordered the items and added on another chain with the $50 I saved. Got an email yesterday, now the bar isn't expected to arrive until 8/30, a month later than it was on my other order. Don't know how all that crap works, plan on giving them a call and seeing what the deal is instead of using chat.

5. Kristina M.

Kristina M. ArboristSite Lurker

Sorry for all of the trouble. Our chat function has had some connection issues lately, but regardless that is no excuse for your experience online with us. We are working with the chat service provider to address those issues. I located your chat and saw that you were looking for the Walbro HD-19D for the Stihl 029. I did some research and it looks like the last shipment we received from our vendor was shorted, so we are waiting on replacements to come in. According to my buyer for that item, we should have them to our warehouse sometime around Friday 7/15.

If you place an order for the carburetor, it should be available to ship after the 15th.