recent reviews of Dolmar 5105 saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too many burnouts on the 5100 from poor setup and maintenance: too lean factory settings, not enrichened by dealers for often impatient users and failure to use tach to initially set at 13,500 to 13,800rpm. Also, failure to use cooler synthetic "oil" and ethanoled gas (burns hotter). ......

Yes, the carb was set lean from the factory to pass EPA, and Dolmar failed to train many dealers to do a proper job when the saws were sold. However, there also have to be a reason that they changed the flow of cooling air on the 5105......

Last edited:
Cat muffler on the 5105. I guess they needed epa credits. They seem to be just as strong a runner.

Only the US ones have the cat, as far as I know (a while since I looked) - and the very first ones didn't. :msp_unsure:

Also, I am not sure the 5105 has the same crank, or if it has the one from the 5000, or if it is a new one? :msp_confused:

Only the US ones have the cat, as far as I know (a while since I looked) - and the very first ones didn't. :msp_unsure:

Also, I am not sure the 5105 has the same crank, or if it has the one from the 5000, or if it is a new one? :msp_confused:

There are 2 PN's for 5105 crankshaft PN: 181120100 and 181120102- 2010-03 must be a change. Bearings are still the same.
Shep

I bought a new Ps-5105 with 18" Bar & chain two years ago, nothing but problems.
Repaired under warranty twice now still doesn't run. Today no Hi-Speed, previously would not idle or restart.
Running non-ethanal gas. Note: When it does run right it cuts great, lots of power for a light saw, I'm a semi-professional with 7 saws total, thought I would try a Dolmar but this one is a lemon.

BH

Latest posts

Back