Recomendations for stump grinding insurance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaineStumper

Reaction score
I am looking for a recomendation for an insurance company for my stump grinding business. I have been in business for 14 years with out a claim and they just raised my rate 10 percent again. The policy only covers liability and about 40K of equipment, my vhicles are covered seperatly. It now will cost me 15 percent of my gross for that insurance.

Thanks for the recomendations.

I am looking for a recomendation for an insurance company for my stump grinding business. I have been in business for 14 years with out a claim and they just raised my rate 10 percent again. The policy only covers liability and about 40K of equipment, my vhicles are covered seperatly. It now will cost me 15 percent of my gross for that insurance.

Thanks for the recomendations.
I have been grinding stumps for 5 years without a claim. Am currently looking into starting a Cooperative insurance group owned by its members and sharing the cost of claims equally. Have been working on a membership contract trying to work out some of the details and obligations that the members might need to agree too. I would like some feed back and ideas from those of you who are looking for stump grinding insurance only. I work for several small municipals as needed and they want damage and personal liability coverage. The amounts could be limited to as little as $5,000.00 for each claim as long as your track record is unblemished. Am considering an annual membership fee of $50.00 to cover administrative costs. No other costs unless a verifiable claim was authorized. One hitch is the number of members. The more members, the less cost to each in order to settle a claim. There would be a board of directors who would verify any claims. I actually have a sample contract drawn up that has been attorney approved to be legal in all 50 states. This could be considered as an add on policy that would pay regardless of other insurance. There are other considerations, that's why I am requesting feed back. If you are truly interested I would be happy to send you a copy of the membership contract as it stands right now, revisions pending.

I have been grinding stumps for 5 years without a claim. Am currently looking into starting a Cooperative insurance group owned by its members and sharing the cost of claims equally. Have been working on a membership contract trying to work out some of the details and obligations that the members might need to agree too. I would like some feed back and ideas from those of you who are looking for stump grinding insurance only. I work for several small municipals as needed and they want damage and personal liability coverage. The amounts could be limited to as little as $5,000.00 for each claim as long as your track record is unblemished. Am considering an annual membership fee of $50.00 to cover administrative costs. No other costs unless a verifiable claim was authorized. One hitch is the number of members. The more members, the less cost to each in order to settle a claim. There would be a board of directors who would verify any claims. I actually have a sample contract drawn up that has been attorney approved to be legal in all 50 states. This could be considered as an add on policy that would pay regardless of other insurance. There are other considerations, that's why I am requesting feed back. If you are truly interested I would be happy to send you a copy of the membership contract as it stands right now, revisions pending.
Email me at [email protected] with your mailing address.

I am administrating the Certified Cooperative Insurance Group for grinding activities, email me at [email protected] for a membership application with your mailing address. Only $50.00 per year.

Back