Recommend me a CSM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glen1978

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys looking to buy a chain saw mill. Will be running it with my MM/tuned MS460 it wears a 30" bar now with a wrap handle. I dont want to spend a ton on it as I wont use it that often. We are gona be building a house in the near future and inside will be a rustic type so would like to do some beams, window trim, maybe some baseboard, etc. Also one would be nice to carve up some lumber for just normal farm needs around here. Dont really have a desire to do it for the public but would if the perfect opportunity presented. I have heard of Granberg, Alaskan, Panther, Norwood and Timberjig but not sure what is recommended. I have no way to weld aluminum so I try to stay away from things made from it. Will also note that I have a JD tractor with front end loader to get wood to my mill. thanks!

I have a panther pro 42 and it has served me well. It is made of one inch carbon tubing. It is a little heavier than the Alaskan but it dosent seem to let the bar deflect in the middle either.

Cheap. Not used much.

You're describing the Alaskan G#777 Mini Mill
Think I've seen some selling for as little as $120-ish NEW.....

Scott (its an addiction though) B

Go to ebay or look up 80/20 online.

They make every bracket widget you can think of.

Thier trademark is "the industrial erector set"

No welding required and I can drop start, change the chain, with the mill frame attached.

One thing with this set-up, you will need to be able to drill the bar. (and sprocket center for full capacity)

107.JPG 448.JPG 449.JPG 620.JPG

I have since acquired a 52" Cannon 54 inch rails and she will go 47" max now.

Wish I had it back then;

412.JPG

Back