Recommended gloves for splitting or stacking firewood.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reaperman

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I got a pair of these gloves from a guy I work with. He gets a few pair from his brother now and then who appears to smuggle them from the place he works. The gloves are very lightweight and have a thin rubber coating on the palm side. He claims they are kevlar lined making them cut resistant, but I cant verify for sure. What I do know is they have held up better than any other glove I have ever used in splitting/stacking firewood. So far I have split about 8 cords and stacked at least 2 cords without a single tear or rip. I dont know where they can be purchased but I know they are obviously bought bulk. The company has a few hundred employees. The only writing on the glove is on the back side and it says: D-roc

I posted a picture below of the largest pile I split while wearing the gloves shown in the other two pics. Remember, I also split more wood than shown, and stacked at least 2 cords wearing the same pair of gloves.

Aq7NY.jpg

wx1ao.jpg

XXORO.jpg

Well, if you do a Google search (DAGS) on [droc gloves] (just lose the brackets), you'll get 12.5K hits.
And ... the first page has some real promising ones.

Dunno why so few folks think of doing this BEFORE saying "help." Self-help. K.I.S.S.

The big box stores have been carrying some synthetic knit(probably polyester) gloves with rubber palms/fingers. I've been buying them for about $5 for a pack of five pair. These will typically last me a few cords of splitting and stacking before I will start to see some holes in the fingers. Being a cheapskate, I'll typically work them for about four cords before I throw them out and get another pair out of the bag. They have great grip, are light, have an elastic wrist that keeps those pesky wood chips from getting inside the glove and working their way up into the fingers. Also, if I lose a pair, I don't sweat it too much.

You see any problem with this?
Yeah. There's clearly not enough room in his pants for more than one pair at a time, the gloating sod, and they need washing before use.

Last edited:
Two people in the same family have a job? I dunno maybe you could give us a hint.

Of course, of course.

It's obvious to me now. The screw heads aren't aligned on that hinge very well. I hate poor craftsmanship. Where is the pride these days, people!

Forgive me. It's raining and cabin fever is setting in.

Last edited:
I bought three pair that looked an awful lot like that at the local fleet store last spring... like around $2 or $3 each. One pair for me, pair for the wife, and a pair for the daughter. We (mostly me) split, hauled and stacked over 12 cord before mine finally became useless (the girls still have theirs). They held up really well for such a cheap price... and the rubber palms and fingers really helped hold onto the wood without much finger strain. I hated them when running the saw though... too much grip.

Well, if you do a Google search (DAGS) on [droc gloves] (just lose the brackets), you'll get 12.5K hits.
And ... the first page has some real promising ones.

Dunno why so few folks think of doing this BEFORE saying "help." Self-help. K.I.S.S.

A google search? Boy why didn't I think of that?

I didnt post this topic seeking info where to purchase these gloves. I did it more in the lines of enlightening others on the best pair of gloves I have ever came across in working with firewood. Perhaps one of the members is more familiar with these gloves than myself and can share. I have read countless posts from members seeking input on a good durable pair of gloves, and these fit the bill. I know I would have worn several holes in multiple pairs of leather gloves doing the same job.

A google search? Boy why didn't I think of that?

I didnt post this topic seeking info where to purchase these gloves. I did it more in the lines of enlightening others on the best pair of gloves I have ever came across in working with firewood. Perhaps one of the members is more familiar with these gloves than myself and can share. I have read countless posts from members seeking input on a good durable pair of gloves, and these fit the bill. I know I would have worn several holes in multiple pairs of leather gloves doing the same job.

LOL, he was trying to make you look stupid but the end result wasn't what he'd planned. Thanks for the tip on the gloves, I'll keep those in mind when my Atlas Therma fits run out.

Atlas-Therma-Fit-Gloves-12-Pack.jpeg

:msp_thumbsup:

That's what I wear

I cut the wrist part off I don't like tight things around my wrist while doing any type of work

They will last a few months then one of my great nephews will decide he wants them so I get another pair; I bought a package of them I beleive there was six pairs from the local hardware/lumber yard here in town ;)

Only time I wear gloves when splitting/loading wood is when its cold its cold enough that my hands get warm. I find them cumbersome and they slow me down. I will gladly deal with a few splinters now and then.

Latest posts

Back