Recreational climbers in South Wales

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tree climbers companion

That's great, thanks
First get a tree climbers companion book. I learned from it , it's very helpfull . Wespur has some great gear. I use arbor plex rope, it's cheap, and wespurs basic rope climbing kit, It was about $400. I figure that 3 weekends of not drinking paid for it. Make sure you get a helmet and be like me, Low and slow : )

So I have a small budget to get some gear - what bits of kit should I invest in first to get me started?

First get a tree climbers companion book. I learned from it , it's very helpfull . Wespur has some great gear. I use arbor plex rope, it's cheap, and wespurs basic rope climbing kit, It was about $400. I figure that 3 weekends of not drinking paid for it. Make sure you get a helmet and be like me, Low and slow : ) Practice tying a Blakes hitch, a figure 8 and bolin, that won't cost anything, Don't try hardware store rope for climbing. good luck!

Great advice, went to the outdoor gear shop earlier - got 2m of rope just for practising notts. will order a book tonight.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back