Redneck Outdoor Cooking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is interested in making one of these, try to get some 19.5 or 22.5 rims from a trucking company. Most likely there will be sitting round. I work as a mechanic for a large fleet car hauler on average we find 2 rims a week cracked, we just toss the rims in our scrap pile, after we cut a gouge in them, so no one will try to re use them, Yes there are some stupid people out there!
You have inspired me to make on of these, my fire pit cage is burned out and this will do nicely.

We made one for my uncle but also put a small propane burner in the bottom for him to use. He is in a wheelchair and the height is perfect for him and propane is much easier for him than getting wood to it. He does burn some wood, but only the small stuff that will fit in there from my fire pit pile. Oh, and he only likes to burn Pecan and Mesquite in it. (He is pretty picky) and I don't get to cut a lot of that stuff.

Back