Reliability: Sears or Homelite?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which is better built in terms of reliability and longevity, Sears Craftsman or Homelite.

Usually I get 2 months out of a Sears, doing maybe on average 3 minutes saw time per work day. I usually get 25 to 30 cc models. One only lasted 6 days and burned out the piston ring due to an air leak. That pissed me off and is making me think of going Homelite. How do they rack up for durability compared to Sears?

attachment.php

Dude you really are a freakin RETARD aren't you???? What the hell's up with you today????????? Looks like we got a new Troll on this site. Plus you can't spell worth a lick either. Husqvarna makes Husky saws, thats it. Actually I think Electrolux owns Husqvarna and Poulan.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :cheers:

Usually I buy about 2 or 3 Huskvarnas a season. This year I'll save money and buy some Homelites at Walmart and keep taking them back when they burn jugs and pop piston rings.

Might be a bit more convincing if you knew how to spell Husqvarna. Just saying. Even more so if you knew that Husky was the parent company of Poulan, which is a division that makes cheap saws for homeowners. BTW, Wally's isn't going to take a stream of saws back from you either. They will stop you on saw #2.

Mark

I have a Homelite CS20 that my wife bought me new in '96.It has consumed three chains and is currently on number four, this one is a Carlton non-safety chain.The saw was not supposed to last this long, regardless, its' still going and I use it for tree tops and light trimming of brush.I consider it to be a kind of exception to the rule.It has a sixteen inch bar,does'nt have much power or speed but its easy to start and is very dependable.

Dude you really are a freakin RETARD aren't you???? What the hell's up with you today????????? Looks like we got a new Troll on this site. Plus you can't spell worth a lick either....

:clap:

Maybe a certain college student has registered again using a different handle? I can't imagine an actual logger or tree care pro frying so many saws so quickly.

Ha ha ha ha!!!!! Sears Craftsman is made by Husqvarna and is their low size machines. Did you know Husqvarna is the same company that makes Poulon and Sears Craftsman and Jonsared professional chainsaws? Ha ha ha ha.

Husky sure doesn't make those POS saws, but they happen to own the factory that do (inherited it from E-lux).....

Last edited:
I have a Homelite CS20 that my wife bought me new in '96.It has consumed three chains and is currently on number four, this one is a Carlton non-safety chain.The saw was not supposed to last this long, regardless, its' still going and I use it for tree tops and light trimming of brush.I consider it to be a kind of exception to the rule.It has a sixteen inch bar,does'nt have much power or speed but its easy to start and is very dependable.

yep it may last you a lot longer too

they are tough everyone of them

Back