Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last go-round with the sign company they made three '23' for me as that's what fit across a standard bumper sticker.
e5e6e3d7e504b9fe081cd4f09bdc0c6c.jpg

Sent one to @farmer steve.

Check at Depotparts.com, they have old Remington/Deere saw parts. Be aware, this is like a LAST RESORT, they are insanely expensive, and you have to purchase through a Deere dealer.

They may have one or two rubber handle grips left...

I once ordered 4 little o-rings that go on the screw of the auto oiler adjuster... They're sooo small they look like fly crap. Paid $54 plus $12 shipping for four pieces of fly crap that didn't weigh more than .02 ounces. But they work.
(Yes I tried McMasterCarr and about everywhere else first. Had to buy from Depotparts, nobody else had anything even remotely close.)

Yikes! That's really expensive. Thanks for the info. Maybe my oiler will still work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
just a tip that i got from @Sagetown over in the good morning thread as i needed the fly crap size o-ring for the JD 23 we are working on. check with a local tractor repair shop that rebuilds fuel injectors. i got one from the shop down the road this morning that is really close. haven't put it back together yet.

Last go-round with the sign company they made three '23' for me as that's what fit across a standard bumper sticker.
e5e6e3d7e504b9fe081cd4f09bdc0c6c.jpg

Sent one to @farmer steve.
thanks again Carl. it's in safe keeping till we get done messing with this saw.got it running good but had an oil leak on the plunger under the throttle.

just a tip that i got for @Sagetown over in the good morning thread as i needed the fly crap size o-ring for the JD 23 we are working on. check with a local tractor repair shop that rebuilds fuel injectors. i got one from the shop down the road this morning that is really close. haven't put it back together yet.

Thanks for tip. I will ask some shops and see what they have. I already have 4 saws in boxes to finish up before I start on this. I always put my saws in boxes when working on them and I won't start another until those are done.

Not getting use of the family bus lately. Between the geezer woman and the son driving off.
[emoji21]

I bet that's aggravating for you. There is no hurry. I did order a new old stock clutch cover for it. I offer the guy $10 and he took it.

Has anyone ever had problems with the tillotson carb on the super series not wanting to pickup fuel? I rebuilt it and changed the lever, needle, and seat after I had a real bad flooding condition, now it won't even pickup fuel.

Has anyone ever had problems with the tillotson carb on the super series not wanting to pickup fuel? I rebuilt it and changed the lever, needle, and seat after I had a real bad flooding condition, now it won't even pickup fuel.

Diaphragm and gasket in wrong order?

Seems everyone does a Tilly HL wrong the first time.

I feel like their metering lever isn't right, it's flush with the meter body but the forks that lifts the needle looks like it's at a weird angle.

I feel like their metering lever isn't right, it's flush with the meter body but the forks that lifts the needle looks like it's at a weird angle.
If I remember right, you said you rebuilt the carb,

Did you buy a genuine Tillotson carb kit, or a cheapo aftermarket carb kit?
I've had many problems like this with the cheapo $6 kits.

I'll pull it back off tomorrow and make sure it's bent to the shape of the old one, I might also need to take the brass washer out, in the bottom of that carb it has a brass ring and rubber seal, so the brass washer might not be needed like in some other HL models.

i'm baaaack. pics,info, anything on a Mall 12A. i looked at Acres for the general stuff like weight 33lbs.:dizzy: the one i saw today had the helper handle on the bar.it might be for sale and i didn't want to seem to excited when the guy showed it to me so i didn't take any pics. he told me he found it sitting on a stump when he bought his property but it didn't look like it had been outside for more than a week.

Back