Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm baaaack. pics,info, anything on a Mall 12A. i looked at Acres for the general stuff like weight 33lbs.:dizzy: the one i saw today had the helper handle on the bar.it might be for sale and i didn't want to seem to excited when the guy showed it to me so i didn't take any pics. he told me he found it sitting on a stump when he bought his property but it didn't look like it had been outside for more than a week.
You want a 12A?

All here but the bar chain and bar clamp. IMAG0266.jpg

I happened across another Remington the other day so I grabbed it up. Looks like I get to try my hand at the oiler repair on these. Stay tuned.. If anyone has a Air filter cover knob, would buy it. The only other thing it needed was a sprocket, but Chris kindly hooked me up with that.

View attachment 579246
Nice find, paint looks great!

I happened across another Remington the other day so I grabbed it up. Looks like I get to try my hand at the oiler repair on these. Stay tuned.. If anyone has a Air filter cover knob, would buy it. The only other thing it needed was a sprocket, but Chris kindly hooked me up with that.

View attachment 579246
this walked into the shop today.gonna saya PL-4 but not sure because it has the decomp valve.looked at the acres site and no decomp valve listed for that saw. looks like it has the automatic oiler on it. the clutch cover doesn't help either.
20170513_173613_resized.jpg 20170513_173558_resized.jpg

Either the recoil cover or clutch cover are a replacement.
Measure the bore with a Popsicle stick.

Decomp says it's an SL-11.

But can also be an SL-55.

Yeah, the 82 cc arn't but a tad larger in physical size!!!

2 3/4 # lighter than a Homie XL-925!!!

But, they boil the fuel in a New York minute.[emoji21]

Attachments

• PL-55 and PL-55A ipl.pdf
    816.2 KB · Views: 1
  • PL SL 55 ipl.pdf
    8.5 MB · Views: 1
  • PL SL MM SM..pdf
    6.9 MB · Views: 4
Thanks for your help guys.
I have the original IPL for the 660G,
I would like to hunt down an owner's manual for the gear-drives if there's one out there...

Back