Remington Mighty Mite Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ginger15

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So I have a Mont' Ward 34cc saw, its a Mighty Mite copy rebranded. It's missing the H screw and spring off the carb. Is this normal? I looked at photos on ebay and all but one seem to be missing the H screw as well. Does anyone have the screw and spring if it is indeed needed?

Not missing on them. The high speed jet is a fixed orfice.

Actually works quit well.
6cbf159c41f5d299a4af1c70aaf3f7f6.jpg

Thank you, I was worried I needed to buy the screw and spring. Waiting on a recoil cover to arrive and then I can try and fire it up. Looks to have been sitting maybe 5-10 years.

I also need help pulling the clutch off. It looks like the husky tool, but its 28mm instead of 24mm center to center pins. Does anyone have the tool Part number? I also need a bar if anyone knows what fits. Right now it has a pole saw bar on it, no tensioner(missing), 1/4" chain and sprocket. I want to change it to 3/8.

Oiler lever is missing, guide bar plates are missing, bar tension missing. Ah well, I'll wait to see if it fires before I order any parts for it.

To get the clutch off, block the piston with a chunk of soft wood that just fits in the exhaust port. Chuck up two twist drills shank end up in your bench vice.

Hold the clutch and turn the saw.

I have NOS clutch and 1/4" sprocket drums for them.

Actually 1/4" is not a bad choice for them.

Well if you think I should keep it 1/4" then I don't need to pull the clutch. As I only wanted to swap for 3/8. It will just be hard to find a bar to fit the saw with that setup.

No good carcasses that I saw in my price range. In fact some of them looked better than my saw. Hah.

Just happened to see this post and I'm not trying to push a sale but I just listed a rough mighty mite that has been sitting for a long time for like 5 bucks, also a weekender which is a mighty mite in blue I believe. Take a look and see if it has any parts you need, probably won't bring opening bid.

Just happened to see this post and I'm not trying to push a sale but I just listed a rough mighty mite that has been sitting for a long time for like 5 bucks, also a weekender which is a mighty mite in blue I believe. Take a look and see if it has any parts you need, probably won't bring opening bid.

I was looking at that 5$ one earlier. If you wanted to loot some small things I need off it....

I have to ask, whats up with the massive oiler lever? Is that so you can use your palm?

I was looking at that 5$ one earlier. If you wanted to loot some small things I need off it....

I have to ask, whats up with the massive oiler lever? Is that so you can use your palm?
If it doesn't sell I will gladly take off whatever you need and head them your way!

Well she fired right up with the new recoil housing and some fresh gas. Now I just need an air filter and bar and possibly chain. And the dogs, oiler lever, and tension nut.

@astnmacgto did it sell?

This is what the PO was using for an air filter, but the flocking is gone now. Any ideas what I can use?

Cut a piece of green lawn and garden foam filter to fit over the wire square, put foam on top then cover on top of those

That might work if I can cut it thin enough. The cover is a pop top and already doesnt want to stay on.

Back