Remington SL9A Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjh1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Remington chain saw model SL9A serial is 9567 I'm trying to get going for a neighbor lady , to surprise her hubby for his 75th B-Day... it needs the recoil spring and the basket , part numbers are 65859 spring and 65319 cup kit been looking on the web , not much luck any help would be get as I have 3 short weeks to see if it's a go or no ? Thanks !

Here is another option: try this link and scroll down until you see Remington chainsaws:

http://www.leonschainsawpartsandrepair.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

I've got a Remington, think it's a SL9. Found lots of parts on flea bay, carb, carb kits, etc. (also looked under John Deere.

Some of the John Deere saws are same as the Remingtons. Don't remember the model number right now.
You might see the John Deere model look alike at the link.

John Deere 15 is a Remington SL-10.
6985b5a410b8ef73c45242484edbd6ae.jpg

50cc but otherwise same as a SL-9

My Remington would smoke severely when bar oil was added. (when I first got it used, dirt cheap from a garage sale)
I found the metal ball check valve in the oil tank had failed, think the metal ball was gone.
I replaced the check valve and it operates, starts and runs ok, but will still smoke little bit more when bar oil is added as compared to the no bar oil in tank mixed gas smoke.

The above spring is an extra I picked up.
If someone needs it, shoot me a PM.
Trade it for the larger SL-4, 5 or 11 spring.
Hi , I contacted you about the spring , for a LS 9 A Remington saw that was for a birthday present .. well it's back on again ... shoot me a e mail if it's still available [email protected] Thanks !

67L36Driver well , had some time on the sl9a , got it running , ran carb thru my ultrasonic cleaner numerous times , mixture screws are not making any difference in adjustment .... as i can get it to idle some but not low enough to keep the chain from twitching .. the carb is a tillitson HS107B 724 a kit most likely won't do the trick if adjustments are fruitless some it's carb search time any leads ?

Clutch springs taken a set?

Double check metering lever, too low, too high?

Pull the welsh plug(s) and fish a tiny wire thru the holes to make sure they are clear. My last resort.[emoji21]

Gaskets and diaphragms in correct order?

ok so back in the day this was a 16:1 mix saw ... back then it was leaded gas and 30w motor oil .... so now we have very good 2 cycle oil so what would be the best mix ratio now ? I did a 32:1 so far but ? ? ?
we found a new old stock carb for it , it's on the way ..

Latest posts

Back