Royall outdoor boiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrightk20

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, last year i had a royall 6300 outdoor wood boiler installed. I've been lookin around on here and have not seen or heard about anyone else having one. Just wondering if any of you have one or know someone that does and what your thoughts are on them. I'm heating a 3800 square foot house and heating domestic water and last year i figure i went through about 15 cord of wood. The house was built in 1975 and has 2x4 exterior walls so its not as energy efficient as a newer one. Other than going through alot of wood i have no complaints at all with the stove. It seems to me to be very well built. I look forward to hearing any comments. Thanks, Kevin.

my friend that a shame 15 cord of wood ...... i wish i would have talked with you sooner i could have hooked you up with a great furnace i am heating 2800sq ft,garage and hot water and went through about 5-1/2cord and heated for 7 mths with a furnace called biomass-direct i love it so efficent that i emptied the firebox twice with a total of three wheelbarrows of ashes in 7mths not dogging your furnace but theres alotta people out there that wanna just sell ya a box of parts or give you NO insight!!! or also maybe you skimped on ur underground IMO!!let me know thats alotta wood

yeah i thought that was alot of wood. I did realize half way through the season that if i just filled the back half of the stove in stead of filling the whole thing that i would get about the same burn times. So i'm thinking that overfilling it could have wasted a bunch of wood. my underground pipe is a triple wrap in a black plastic tube. Another thing that might be losing heat is that i put a heater in my shop which is currently not insulated but i have it hooked up and the pump running so that the water doesn't freeze in that part of the system. Maybe i should do something with that for now.

try burning whole rounds and good seasoned hardwoods also find the right amount of wood just needed between fillings dont choke it full because it will always burn what you put in it also for your underground i would say is a big part also alot of ur heat is going into the ground I CANT STRESS IT ENOUGH YOU GOTTA HAVE GOOD UNDERGROUND INSULATION!!!you cant skimp its a very important part trust me ur not saving going the cheap route!!

I have about a 180 foot run to my house and i check the temp at the stove then check it at the house and the difference is only 3-5 degree difference. Is that an acceptable drop or is it losing too much heat through the ground?

NO thats not tooo bad its gotta be the wood and i dont know what the efficentcy on ur furnace is...though some out there jusy should even be built there a bad rap to OWB issues!!!

Yeah last year i cut anything and everything from popple to maple, but this year i have a bunch of white oak and red oak. Today i brought home 2 loads of a mixture of white oak and red elm. The red elm i will burn this year but i will let the oak sit till next year. All the oak that i have for this year has been stacked in a shed since early spring so i'm hoping it will be dry enough. I need to get ahead a years worth to let everything get seasoned properly.

Latest posts

Back