rugged made {rugged split } log splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldneess

Reaction score
question was asked back in feb. almost a year later has anyone heard of them or had experience with the splitters. ? checked utube
the company has videos , but cant find anyone that has one..

looking to get a new splitter with the lift, back is worn out..

thanks

Oldneess, what did you end up buying? I'm in the market for a new splitter and considered the Rugged Made.

I have one and love it 37 Ton with lift ,got it about a yr ago. Split about 6-8 cord is all but so far so good. I did put a trailer jack on front with a swivel wheel, a lot easier to move around.

Thanks for the info. I am close to pulling the trigger on a new splitter. I have really been wrestling with hydro vs. kinetic. I have looked at a bunch of brands on both sides of the fence. The Rugged Made 37-Ton with manual start is $1488 but after you add on all the extras, the price climbs pretty quick. With DR Power's current sale and promotions (i.e. free shipping, 24 month 0% financing, and 1 year trial period) it really makes it hard to beat, so I may go with the Rapid Fire Pro XL. I am getting tired of reading ad nauseam about every splitter and review under the sun, but want to get something for the long haul. Decisions, decisions......

OK. That's it! The deed is done! After more deliberating, I ordered the Rugged Made 37-Ton Type 1 manual start splitter. This decision was precipitated by a call to a local authorized DR Power service shop. He was not a fan of their kinetic splitter. That on top of some fine print on DR's "24 month 0% financing" offer revealed a $125 flat charge. So, the price of the DR Pro XL just got "too rich for my blood". This led me to call Rugged Made and I posed a million question to Ben. He took the time to answer all of my questions and it turns out the things that I thought were extras were actually included in the base price, so I placed the order. It's expected to ship tomorrow and I'll have it by the end of the week. I will let you know how it measures up in the near future.
:clap::givebeer:

the "type 1" would be the horizontal/vertical model correct?

ive been seriously looking into their "type 2" strictly horizontal model myself. seems to be about the best value for the size and style of splitter. $3000 + S/H for this one

splitter_t2_nobkg_sq_1.jpg

VS $4200 on sale for the Northern Tool equivalent without the 4-way or split catching table

11968_2000x2000.jpg

the "type 1" would be the horizontal/vertical model correct?

ive been seriously looking into their "type 2" strictly horizontal model myself. seems to be about the best value for the size and style of splitter. $3000 + S/H for this one

VS $4200 on sale for the Northern Tool equivalent without the 4-way or split catching table

Yeah Jakers, the type 1 as they call it does horizontal and vertical splitting. The type 2 was just more than I wanted to shell out right now. So the ability to leave large rounds right on the ground and split them in the vertical position has worked well for me in the past. Then once they are a manageable size, I can lay the cylinder down and get back to horizontal splitting.

In case it helps anyone else, I received the splitter referenced in my earlier posts. I've used it to split several cords and it is great. No complaints. This ting is powerful and a value for the price. I see it is now available with a Briggs & Stratton engine for you traditionalists out there.

In case it helps anyone else, I received the splitter referenced in my earlier posts. I've used it to split several cords and it is great. No complaints. This ting is powerful and a value for the price. I see it is now available with a Briggs & Stratton engine for you traditionalists out there.
Glad you are happy with it. Thanks for the update.

How's the splitter working out? Found rugged made on the web and am curious of how they hold up.

How's the splitter working out? Found rugged made on the web and am curious of how they hold up.
My apologies for the delay in responding. I love the thing. Motor is still running great. Starts easy and no maintenance issues or headaches since I built it. I split about 7-9 cords last year and I'm about 3-4 deep so far this year. In short, I would buy it again without hesitation.

Back