Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I left the keys in my 88 I guess, cause some one drove off with it ....

14658366_10154526750636240_1853466883_n.jpg

14642728_10154526750811240_181304342_n.jpg

.... And came back with a load.... mix of pile 4fts and to be burnt now's!!

It was the wife and father in law today, man if they keep this up I'll be able to walk straight this winter ... ha ha ha...

Keep the loads coming .....

Here's a load of doubles I pulled home,

standard.jpg

One saw log and LOT'S of firewood...

SR

Well I have been dealing with a bull headed project, fixing a row of stacked wood. What happen is the row with this years wood on have started to fail and also sink into the ground and started to topple over in spots. The other half of the problem was the wood we burnt last year was cleared off the other half of the row leaving the pallets whiiich some smart horses though were better to walk on then the snow covered ground smashing a bunch of them. I put and end to that by putting a layer of wood over them. I had a couple choices, haul dirt to reclaim more land and set up a new row or fix what's there, I picked the latter.

IMG_6642[1].JPG

Sunk right to the ground....

So I layed down gravel past the end of the current pile, made a new end block and layed new pallets, taking down the current row and re stacking it. Once the sunk pallets were cleared I pulled them up, cleared any bark, layed gravel and new pallets, continue till the whole 115ft row is done...buh...IMG_6641[1].JPG

IMG_6637[1].JPG

Kinda had to straighten the row just a touch also

IMG_6646[1].JPG

IMG_6647[1].JPG

So I completed the 12c that was stacked on the first half so now the next half will be easier as there was just some extra wood dropped on top of the pallets to stop the horses from trying to walk on them and breaking any more boards. Roll the wood off, pull the pallets, lay gravel and replace any smashed pallets, then any wood I cut this year will get stacked and not sink.

IMG_6644[1].JPG

Muuuud....wheee.....

Keep the loads coming .....

I managed to get this load of rounds,

standard.jpg

all split,

standard.jpg

and with "that" load split, my helper and me, went out and cut another load,

standard.jpg

My helper absolutely LOVES my Jonsered 2260! Anyway, with another load cut, I pulled it over to the splitting yard,

standard.jpg

I'll get THAT one split, another day!

I wish I could be running big loads but we are absolute mush around here....fn mud....

IMG_6739[1].JPG

Got my row repaired now to start refilling it.

IMG_6737[1].JPG

I actually gave up trying to use our tractor to feed the critters....and grabbed my mud truck...yes you read that right.....

IMG_6764[1].JPG

IMG_6765[2].JPG

Slung the cable under the bale and picked it up with the winch.

Keep on.... Runnin' Loads.....

I wish I could be running big loads but we are absolute mush around here....fn mud....

View attachment 533831

Got my row repaired now to start refilling it.

View attachment 533832

I actually gave up trying to use our tractor to feed the critters....and grabbed my mud truck...yes you read that right.....

View attachment 533833

View attachment 533834

Slung the cable under the bale and picked it up with the winch.

Keep on.... Runnin' Loads.....
I caught the corner of that suburban in the first pic and was gonna say, there is no reason YOU have to stop! Sweet wagon!

Ha ha I wasn't trying to junk up this thread with the stupid shiet that gets on my trailer some times.... but since you asked nicely .....

IMG_6137.JPG

On the way home ....

IMG_6151.JPG

The wife and I posing a bit

13920845_10157302803090077_4024443119940188325_n.jpg

Yup that's my wife riding shot gun!! She had a blast!!

I picked up this toy this summer, 1989 Suburban 350 TBI factory, 4 speed, 241, 8274 winch, and sadly 10B front with a 9.5 14B rear, 8in Rough country lift with a 6in block under the front, 2...uh... 6in in the rear all riding on 21.5 x 16.1 Ag tire ...it had no brakes initially till I got a hold of it .... and ya it hauls .... all for 2K !!

It's a rough built but the price reflected that, I do plan plan on doing perch drops to ditch the blocks, and an anti wrap bar, and all ready have a T case clocking ring for it in the shop. there will be other upgrades along the way to. We do quite a bit of 4x4ing in winter, snowby4ing, cause the whole property is a play ground and no mater what you do, you can always dig you self out, try that in a swamp...alone...

The mud bog I went in this summer.... = 4th in the mods and 6hrs of pressure washing ....
Grandview Kinsmen Mud Bog 2016

Keep on ... Runnin' Loads ...!!!

Back