Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y
This works good for moving logs. View attachment 545225
Not in my situation. This is the firewood forum. You can find the logging forum elsewhere.

Anyway, to keep from dragging, you can load 8 footers on the bottom with little hanging off and put the linger ones on top to give more tail clearance.

Side posts drop so you can roll bigger ones. Will be adding a winch soon for side and end loading.

This works good for moving logs. View attachment 545225
That might not fit down the ATV trail.
I would have to turn professional , that would mean working again.
This firewood thing that only started to heat my house 10 years ago has already grown into more than it needed too.
It dose keep me from getting fat tho

Y

Not in my situation. This is the firewood forum. You can find the logging forum elsewhere.

Anyway, to keep from dragging, you can load 8 footers on the bottom with little hanging off and put the linger ones on top to give more tail clearance.

Side posts drop so you can roll bigger ones. Will be adding a winch soon for side and end loading.

Uh.. firewood comes from logging. It's what I do for a living. The forum doesn't say, "firewood, just home jobbers though"

The skd trails make nice ATV trails or access roads if we run the dozer through. Usually make the skid trail 2 skidder wide so ~20ft.

Uh.. firewood comes from logging. It's what I do for a living. The forum doesn't say, "firewood, just home jobbers though"

The skd trails make nice ATV trails or access roads if we run the dozer through. Usually make the skid trail 2 skidder wide so ~20ft.
The ditch was the old property line now that the campground expanded I should just take my bush hog and start new skid trail.
got 6 + cords of burnable now if I pull it out.This cold snap has people wanting wood and I didn't want to unload my personal stash.

Minimum impact, no drag marks, and no dirt to dull the saw chain. The trailer is much more useful of course for all sizes of firewood, and other things. Pretty flat where I am, terrain may dictate something different. The arch is Log-Rites Fetching arch with atv tow option, which includes the two speed hand winch w/friction brake. Last photo is a very handy/useful modification to capture the front end of a log, easily and quickly. Your right, not cheap. Great design/build, and worth the money.
1014101348a.jpg DSCF2025.jpg 1114101612a.jpg 0815121531.jpg 1018091246.jpg 1011101553.jpg

Looks like I need to make an arch good thing I know how to weld
I am even certified
Tail can drag owner likes trails skid and walking I even put in steps with old wood and spike with old rebar.
Walking trail was for me to carry choker and cable with out walking down skid trail loose dirt wet leaves makes a big guy fall down

Minimum impact, no drag marks, and no dirt to dull the saw chain. The trailer is much more useful of course for all sizes of firewood, and other things. Pretty flat where I am, terrain may dictate something different. The arch is Log-Rites Fetching arch with atv tow option, which includes the two speed hand winch w/friction brake. Last photo is a very handy/useful modification to capture the front end of a log, easily and quickly. Your right, not cheap. Great design/build, and worth the money.
View attachment 545317 View attachment 545318 View attachment 545319 View attachment 545320 View attachment 545321 View attachment 545322
How does the log-rites hookup to the ATV and is the hitch above center of axle
Nothing flat on this campsite

Hmm. post#429 last picture shows the reese slip tube.
The neck is an option on which the hand winch and ball coupler is mounted. The coupler connects to the ball mounted on an atv so it is lower than, or about the same as, the larger wheel centers on the arch.
The reference to flat is about a five hundred to two thousand pound load pushing you down hill. If your dragging the load probably not an issue.
Make it light enough to lift and set over logs.
Needs lifting handles.
Use large tires to back over the side of logs at an angle.
If you use a hand winch it should have a friction brake.
Longer tongue for backing up.
Good luck.
Log-Rite got it right. Worth every penny, from the winch to the weight.

Dragging the trees doesn't tear up the ground much, all the small branches and leaves or needles actually do great to drag it smooth. The mud isn't too bad horrible though we don't play in the woods when it's really wet if possbile.

A 4 wheeler or whatever works, just slow going and really limited on the pulling power. I did a small 5 acre job with a 6x6, probably should have just passed up the job, darn thing could barely pull a 20ft long, never mind a few trees.

Section I'm skidding now is steep enough I can only pull 1 or 2 logs at a time up the hill. Been just decking a pile where it flattens out, then pulling that pile to the landing. Can usually pull 6-10 trees at a time, depending on size and length.

Next summer I'll get pics of where we logged last. We spent 4 years on that, the sections cut the first year, you couldn't even tell equipment had been there aside from the stumps after the 2nd summer, grass and the remaining trees already growing like crazy. The skid trails all filled in asde from the main road we put in (put gravel on it) and the landowner (state) wanted that for ATV/pickup access for hunting and camping.

Valley is right. Small equipment is fine but it takes a long time to get a big pile. I use the Steiner and small wagons for branches, fallen dead falls and pretty much anything that I would cut up with my buzz saw. I use my Kubota tractor and my bigger log wagons for the bigger stuff.
I use an F-150 4x4 for the small and F-350 utility body 1 of my old welding rigs both with positive traction lockers from rock auto
12000 lb winch
I have enough cable to reach the access road and a tree I can hook a snatch to the only trouble is the ditch lol

Back