Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much. Its a 99 k3500 4x4. In addition to being a 1 ton its got adjustable airbags in the rear. Standard Flat bed with hideaway gooseneck hitch for my trailer. 350 vortec with 4l80e trans. The bed does not dump but the truck was equipped when it was ordered with PTO provision on the t-case so it could be converted to dump if I ever got ambitious. This truck has pulled massive loads of the large square bales and thousands of bushels of soy beans, corn, grain, etc its entire life. The previous owner told me "its had a trailer behind it more than it hasn't". Its been a great truck for me and I don't have anything into it hardly. After they traded it in where I work I was able to purchase it for less than what they had paid to have the new flat bed put on a few months prior. I drive it everyday in the hopes of keeping my "good" truck nice and out of the salt. It has served me very well and I appreciate the compliments.

Well i am Super Jealous, that's pretty much the setup i would love to have. i think i would almost keep the flat deck and my dump trailer, that way you can have a goose neck setup. although it would be nice to just haul the splitter behind a rig like that if it had a dump box.

When i have been looking and reading every says to go with Standard and the PTO for dump. but for ease of use i think it would almost be better to have an Auto and Electric over hydraulic dump. less moving parts in the dump, and i'm not much for standard, i can drive them, but they don't like me.

The only bad part about having a single rear wheel 1 ton is its difficult to find underbody toolboxes that have any capacity. They are all designed to go under dually flatbeds that have more space from the frame to the outside of the bed. The toolbox on the bed really takes up a lot of space but I have to have one for all my log pulling stuff.

The only bad part about having a single rear wheel 1 ton is its difficult to find underbody toolboxes that have any capacity. They are all designed to go under dually flatbeds that have more space from the frame to the outside of the bed. The toolbox on the bed really takes up a lot of space but I have to have one for all my log pulling stuff.

If you do put a dump bed from what i gather you want the single from post, to keep your Gooseneck, i wouldn't give up that option in my opinion. what about cutting up a bit of your flat deck too incorporate one the the step boxes from like a transport. i know it's not ideal but you could have one on both sides and still have the middle to go full depth of the flat deck, or maybe someone with a Brake could make you up some customs to go under the bed, probably still be a bit cheaper that weatherguard or Delta Boxes
http://www.cargocatch.com/semi-step-box.html

i'm looking at this one for one of my trailers right now. just can't justify the $650 American
http://www.cargocatch.com/underbody-box-with-drawer.html

Yes I did consider going under the deck and just making another trap door like the one covering the gooseneck hitch. There is some space in front of the hitch to do this with. I also considered buying an ez dumper pickup insert and mounting it on top of the bed but they I loose my gooseneck hitch. Never can find the perfect solution lol

Yes I did consider going under the deck and just making another trap door like the one covering the gooseneck hitch. There is some space in front of the hitch to do this with. I also considered buying an ez dumper pickup insert and mounting it on top of the bed but they I loose my gooseneck hitch. Never can find the perfect solution lol

haha buy another truck have a trailer hauler, and a dump truck problem solved, just you wallet takes a hit

AWESOME looking regular cab deerehunter, BB or SB? I'm looking for one or two of those to add to my collection.

9 Tons + 8500# Trailer = NOT SAFE! My trailer brakes went haywire on the way home kept blowing fuses, couldn't find the short in the dark. That was a 90 mile drive @55 never againView attachment 563522
Those big dump trailers tow a lot better behind an f450/550 sized truck. No brakes makes is tough no matter what. I don't envy you.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Frame is same width on single or dual other than cab and chassis which is a few inches narrower.

9 Tons + 8500# Trailer = NOT SAFE! My trailer brakes went haywire on the way home kept blowing fuses, couldn't find the short in the dark. That was a 90 mile drive @55 never againView attachment 563522

Did it once with a 16 ton trailer. Lost brakes, tried to fix but it was -35* and the wires just kept snapping!

9 Tons + 8500# Trailer = NOT SAFE! My trailer brakes went haywire on the way home kept blowing fuses, couldn't find the short in the dark. That was a 90 mile drive @55 never again

Just needs a set of Airbags to level it out!!

MI Motor Carrier would be all over me if I drove by with a truck squatting that bad, but I can fly right by him with a leveled rear end.

My biggest complaint with my dump trailer is the amount of pin weight that it puts on the truck. Mine with an evenly distributed load of 13900lbs on the axles has the pin weight of over 2600lbs. Seems like they don't deign the placement of the axles on any dump trailers correctly as they are all too far back.

Back