Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My biggest complaint with my dump trailer is the amount of pin weight that it puts on the truck. Mine with an evenly distributed load of 13900lbs on the axles has the pin weight of over 2600lbs. Seems like they don't deign the placement of the axles on any dump trailers correctly as they are all too far back.

I agree. Mine has 500# on the ball, empty. And with the axles set as far back as they are, the amount of weight loaded is considerable. Ive never measured the loaded weight, but it does drop the back of my Ram. And it handles weight very well. I should have gotten a goose neck but wanted to have a cap on the truck.

Frame is same width on single or dual other than cab and chassis which is a few inches narrower.
Right but the bed is not the same width so when you try to mount a box that was designed to go under a dually flatbed on a single wheel flatbed it hangs out severely. Trust me we have measured a lot of trucks at the chevy dealer I am a manager at. I don't think your following what im saying

Dunno, every bed I've seen is right around 8ft wide, regardless of dual or single. Truck flatbeds are fairly standard sized.

Not sure what beds you are seeing. Perhaps a narrow "cab width" version?

Dunno, every bed I've seen is right around 8ft wide, regardless of dual or single. Truck flatbeds are fairly standard sized.

Not sure what beds you are seeing. Perhaps a narrow "cab width" version?

A dually flatbed and a single wheel flatbed are totally different widths consistently. It requires a wider bed to cover four wheels than it does to cover two wheels The width of four wheels is greater than the width of two wheels. Im not sure what brand beds your referring to but they are not all a standard size. We are the #1 truck sales dealer in our area so Ive got a little experience in this topic.

We looked into transferring a new Knapheid bed from a dually superduty to a single rear wheel one ton and the width difference was so drastic that it would look comical mounted on there. Im guessing by your screen name that you have some experience in this field as well lol.

The only experience I really have is just researching different body manufacturers, as I feel if you own a truck it should have a flat tray on it.:laugh: I have been looking at srw beds again because I've been contemplating trading trucks as long as I wouldn't take a bath on it. My actual day job is in aviation.

A dually flatbed and a single wheel flatbed are totally different widths consistently. It requires a wider bed to cover four wheels than it does to cover two wheels The width of four wheels is greater than the width of two wheels. Im not sure what brand beds your referring to but they are not all a standard size. We are the #1 truck sales dealer in our area so Ive got a little experience in this topic.

Could be, only been around 1 single rear truck, it had an 8ftx9ft bed. My trucks are duallies with 8x12ft beds.

An 81" bed would cover my Chevy duallie, It's 82" from sidewall to sidewall.

Nothing big like some of your loads but I put the garden tractor and dump trailer to work today.
82a205775f5c65196ed0559ff341eb1c.jpg

ae8e7ca7d8e57a611adb58fa8c5b9558.jpg

7e803f56279dc435c9baad8bb3defe93.jpg

88dc1117f3723052369c1b16e10b1c92.jpg

91eab96cc0d608e0aa69f93beaec4e1d.jpg

e827f71e5bdc18c192f88338d54755de.jpg

61e34128cf3131ec2f53ea9346997829.jpg

sent from my electronic leash

600 ace, best sled I've owned by far. Dealers can't keep em on their lots up here, used same story, they go fast.

That 61 I just bough recently, it's one of the later models in real nice shape yet. I was quite impressed with its performance. Not super fast but it gets the job done, very nice fire wood saw.

Back