Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice setup. What's your truck and trailer? I like the trailer hitch on the dump you do that?

Truck is an 03 Silverado 2500hd Duramax diesel. She is EfiLive tuned with a bunch of other goodies on it and just rolled over 270k miles of hard life. Trailer is a PJ 10' dumptrailer that gets a ton of use.

This is what she looked like last year when another driver decided she wanted to see the underside.
image_zps4ilgtvlx.jpeg

1 new tire and rim, 2 new axles, 4 new 2x12's and a ton of grinding to get her back on the road.

I also have a 14' PJ dump trailer, but it is only ever used for bigger jobs as it's just not as practical to maneuver. I welded that receiver to the back of the trailer so I didn't need to make 2 trips around the wood yard when splitting. I would not go very far with anything hooked to it as it is not reinforced, but it has held up to the big dump trailer hooked to it!

well that don't look good, what did he say it just started to sway and then flipped?

i want to get a tandem axle dump, and then put a trailer hitch on the back and tow the splitter behind it because i'm always going somewhere to get the wood, so would be nice to tow the splitter and cut and split into the dump, but those a future problems once i win the lottery

Well as the OP I guess I should post every once in a while ....

I have been away from the saw for most of the winter cause my ol' trusty $200 ten year old work horse F150 had a 4x4 problem and it wasn't going any where in 2wd with the snow we get here. I got it into my semi outdoor shop and .....

Hmmm dents in the outside cover/TTB arm .... and lots O kibbles inside ....

IMG_7887.JPG

Daaaahhhhhmmm .....

IMG_7884.JPG

I snapped all the ring bolts off!!

Haven't done that in a while. I'm slowly getting back together as I had a parts truck so there will be loads yet.

In the mean time guys/gal's .... Keep on .... Runnin' Load's .....

When we got home, we started rolling those bad boys onto my TW's beam,

standard.jpg

Onne through the 4-way wedge, you just grab the top piece and roll it over backwards, back onto the beam for re-splitting,

standard.jpg

until you have the size splits you want,

standard.jpg

and soon, you have a nice pile of split firewood!

standard.jpg

It was a nice day to get out to the woods...

SR

Latest posts

Back