Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a NEW trailer today, to run loads with,

standard.jpg

Actually, I bought it the other day, but I just went to get it today.

SR
Loads?.......Loads of cars I imagine.
I had one about 5 years ago with a steel checker-plate deck. man was that a good old trailer. I bought it for $800 off a guy who was getting divorced and I sold it two years later for $2800

Well, I ran THIS walnut load to my BSM,

standard.jpg

First thing I did then, was to take a slab off the log and then a couple flitches and turn it,

standard.jpg

I then worked my way around the cant, grade sawing it as I went,

standard.jpg

It did have a few pretty nice boards in it, but for the most part it didn't make much "top grade lumber", anyway here's the "tally",

standard.jpg

These were the worst boards from that log, (not included in the above tally) I set them aside and cut them to 4' to be stickered separate,

standard.jpg

That's todays load...

SR
That's too bad. But Walnut is always nice for some kind of project.

Scrounged or buy it?
Scrounged the wood. Saw a plywood sign along the road that said free wood, you haul. So I stopped in to see what it was about. I had to take the big truck back the next day to get what you see there.

Got another load from a friend that runs a landscape management company and allows some tree companies to dump their chips and some logs at his business. A few of us spent some time cutting/splitting/loading trucks. Sorry for the quality:
05-14-2017_zpsbgkkxolr.jpg

Scrounged the wood. Saw a plywood sign along the road that said free wood, you haul. So I stopped in to see what it was about. I had to take the big truck back the next day to get what you see there.

Got another load from a friend that runs a landscape management company and allows some tree companies to dump their chips and some logs at his business. A few of us spent some time cutting/splitting/loading trucks. Sorry for the quality:
05-14-2017_zpsbgkkxolr.jpg

That's definitely not plywood.
Looks like some good heating wood there.
Nice score.

A little driveway cleanup for a friend this morning, if you look behind the cab you can see where it snapped off about 8-10 above the ground. Another good load still on ground but between being soaked from torrential down pours and biting ants I think Ill call it good for today.100_2636.JPG 100_2635.JPG

Back