S.W. Michigan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know about Ebels service but my brother in law goes there from time to time to buy used saws. Of course his daughter is married to one of the grand sons.

When I lived in the area I always took my small engine work to Jim Gariens in Evart Mi. His number is in the phone book.
Does great work, used to sell J reds Not sure if he does any longer.

Just remembered Sawyer Rob lives near GR and runs Huskys and J red saws, PM him for some one closer.

:D Al

Saw ran great for several days. Today, back to the same crap.
I think it is a plugged breather tube myself. But who knows.

Putting a 18" bar on the 661, and shelving the Huskiy....
I'll take it to a mechanic when I get a chance.
But truthfully, this saw has pissed me off for the last time.
Have two truckloads of logs coming this week, so no money for a new saw right now.

Saw ran great for several days. Today, back to the same crap.
I think it is a plugged breather tube myself. But who knows.

Putting a 18" bar on the 661, and shelving the Huskiy....
I'll take it to a mechanic when I get a chance.
But truthfully, this saw has pissed me off for the last time.
Have two truckloads of logs coming this week, so no money for a new saw right now.

Try some sea foam in the fuel. And let the thing idle or just a bit of throttle on it, if your thinking it's something to do with the carb or delivery system that stuff works wonders.

562 xp is the one I looked at. Sounds like it has been updated numerous times to deal with issues. Similar size to the 357. Waiting to get mine back to see if it is sorted out. ms661 w/20" bar for now. It is a big saw to start several dozen times a day.

Back