Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 120 is 68cc and much lighter, call it a small block.

the 123 is a pig at 70cc, but it is a true big block.

A simple P&C on a 123 will net you 95cc.

The 123 has the same stroke as an 090!

Not me,

but I could check with a guy who sold them back then.

He may have some brouchures or something laying around still?

Kinda doubt it though, Apparently being a Sachs Dolmar dealer left a pretty bad taste. Either the reps sucked or the Company didn't give a crap about their dealers. I have heard this from many 'old timers'.

And I have tracked down a bunch of them in the surrounding area.

So you can make decals for the old SDs???????????????????

What do you need as far as a pattern?

Guess it would be best to be to scale too?

Do you have any currently in your data base for ANY old SDs?

Hello all, I've been thinking about buying a saw to rebuild. This will be the first attempt at rebuilding a saw and for that matter a 2 stroke for me. I'm a professional mechanic so I'm confident with a wrench in my hand but I've only ever worked on cars and four stroke outboards.

SO, I just bought a DCS6421 and I love it, and I've never been what you might consider "main stream" so I'd like to get another Makita or Dolmar, rather than get one of the other orange saws. The 6421 will easily cut any of the "big" stuff I will run into so I'd like to hear what you guys think would be a good small saw to cut my teeth on? Thanks! :givebeer:

Small saw and a Dolmar fan? That's easy... get a nice PS-5105 or for smaller yet, a PS-420 or PS-421.
They even have those in the matching Makita colour version for your 6421.

Seeing as its page 133 there should be a SD 133 pict posted,

alaska+2010+220.jpg

alaska+2010+219.jpg

Good one Jerry!

Since the fiasco we have lost many pages, last year I remember being way past page 166.

I have a 133 or 6 of them, here probably the best, (As far as original)

Damitalltohell I need a full wrap for it!

Please pardon the 'skankey' bar on it :ices_rofl:

1011.JPG

I do have 3 NOS Sachs Dolmar logo 28 inchers (14mm mount) out in the shed, it's been so blasted cold I haven't got around to mounting any of them.

Oh well the 25" fits that saw very well for the stuff we cut. (20" is a hoot on them saws)

I actually have several 143s awaiiting them new B&Cs

Good one Jerry!

Since the fiasco we have lost many pages, last year I remember being way past page 166.

I have a 133 or 6 of them, here probably the best, (As far as original)

Damitalltohell I need a full wrap for it!

Please pardon the 'skankey' bar on it :ices_rofl:

View attachment 335244

I do have 3 NOS Sachs Dolmar logo 28 inchers (14mm mount) out in the shed, it's been so blasted cold I haven't got around to mounting any of them.

Oh well the 25" fits that saw very well for the stuff we cut. (20" is a hoot on them saws)

I actually have several 143s awaiiting them new B&Cs

Your 133 is in very good shape, looks great. Mine is in good physical condition, just don`t know how the recoil decal got so worn with that full wrap on it.

Your 133 is in very good shape, looks great. Mine is in good physical condition, just don`t know how the recoil decal got so worn with that full wrap on it.

Hopefully procarbine will chime in telling us about new 'stickers' for them old gals?

Yeah it's strange that your stickers got boofed up? The old 120 Supers/si clutch cover stickers are always screwed.

We need STICKERS!

Hopefully procarbine will chime in telling us about new 'stickers' for them old gals?

Yeah it's strange that your stickers got boofed up? The old 120 Supers/si clutch cover stickers are always screwed.

We need STICKERS!

Mo, I don't print decals, only cut them out of vinyl. I could probably make something that looked good, but not like OEM (OEM decals were printed). The only decals I have in "stock" (as far as graphic files go) are like the one in my avatar, and the new font Dolmar puts on their bars. I do have a couple connections with people that print, and if someone could get me a real good quality picture of the sticker you want on the 120 clutch cover it wouldn't be hard to have them reproduced (unless the print shop felt like they were crossing the line on copyright/trademark infringement, which is a fine line).

Thought I should add, that I haven't done any actual reproduction work, as most decals on about every saw imaginable use printed decals. I can make stuff that would look better than the factory had, but still wouldn't appease a purist- as they would definitely look different.
If I could make the time, I could probably have a pretty neat side business doing vinyl.. but I don't have quite the time, and only take on a limited amount of projects.
Cutting small decals on the vinyl cutter is typically more trouble than what it is worth, but not always. I designed some real nice decals for a saw builder, and planned on cutting them but having them printed turned out to be better in the long run. I did the graphic work (pretty simple layout) and sent the design to someone and they really fixed me up. Printed stuff is typically a lot cheaper too. Sorry for the long winded post! Havent been on as much this week, and missed the reply to me in the thread. I don't have any notifications turned on.

Thanks Man!

I still think that making re-pro decals would be a booming cottage industry.

It would no doubt be more profitable than say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,'quiet performance mufflers'?

And HEY!

If'n you ever make it over close to Fort Wayne, I would still be up to buying you Breakfast eh?

I'll take you up on that if I'm in the area. Maybe you can make it to one of these GTG's someday too? Whole lot of fun, try to go to a couple a year.

Thanks Man!
I still think that making re-pro decals would be a booming cottage industry.
It would no doubt be more profitable than say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,'quiet performance mufflers'?
I don't know what quiet performance mufflers sell for, but imagine someone could make a little money doing reproduction decals for sure. How many of the 120si clutch cover decals would you be interested in? Maybe a group buy?

I picked this up the other day. I can't find a model number anywhere, and the stickers are long-gone.

Any ideas? Sorry for the awful pictures.

Attachments

• P1110191.JPG
    P1110191.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 31
  • P1110193.JPG
    P1110193.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 38
  • P1110194.JPG
    P1110194.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 29
Back