Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys, im new to this site first post hope im doing this correctly. am i allowed to ask some questions bout a makita yes its not a dolmar but their parts fit real well

Them saws is the best bang for your buck going, little over 14 pounds and 5 cubes.

Thanks Pioneerguy, putting together a 6401 with bb kit , carb off a 372 husky, muffler mod, and a mild port and polish. First makita that i have messed with. What kind of power should this put out.

Depends on the quality of the aftermarket kit but usually the BB kits make less power than the OEM piston and cylinder did.

Depends on the quality of the aftermarket kit but usually the BB kits make less power than the OEM 79cc piston and cylinder did.
Fixed that...

It's been pretty hotly debated whether the 79cc kits make more power. Overwhelming consensus is the punched out bore takes a little volume from the transfers but with a woods port you'll easily see better power. Limited ignitions are a challenge to overcome to make tuning easier. Putting an unlimited coil on has also been hotly debated and whether it creates any gains.

Make sure you use a caber ring...

thanks nstueve, yep used caber nice fit. first makita i worked on, usually husky/echo. i know that the 365/bb w/port and muff mod shows a hughe increase. was hoping for same w/makita.trying to locate a non limiting ign. i dont know about performance increase, but it sure makes it easier to tune even with a tach. i prefer old school method, let the engine tell you what it wants.should have it ready for wood tomorrow we'll see

009.JPG

Finally got around to modifying this wrap handle on a 143MX, JJ thinks it was an aftermarket for the 5 cube Huskys.

You can see by the big gap at the bottom that there was not much clearance for the meat hooks.

Had to tweak the side support and add 2 inches, it looks much better now.

pic soon.

before;

001.JPG

after;

312.JPG

YUP, them Tapcons work pretty good on the plastic situations.

Gained me at least an inch and a half clearance and put the angle of the top loop at a much friendlier place.

Model 115 or 540 series saws. Was there ever an outer dawg/spike available for these? Maybe Europe only type of thing? I know they like to change the dawgs for the US models.

Model 115 or 540 series saws. Was there ever an outer dawg/spike available for these? Maybe Europe only type of thing? I know they like to change the dawgs for the US models.
No outters that I have ever seen for this models...

Yeah Cobey mentioned that last night when I was talking to him. I removed the cat and ported the muffler last night and it gave it quite a boost. It looks like it has closed quads so I was thinking bout going in.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Aye,

this place sure ain't the same,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If'n I was in the mood for sumthin' smaller, I'd check one of them out. As long as I can still carry and pull over the big boyz never seen the need for anything under 50cc?

If this damned Winter ever gets over, I have a few jewels waiting on assembly.

Oh crap, then there will be grass to mow, garden to put out, Mushroom huntin', fishin',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they may have to wait until next fall:chainsaw::chainsaw:

I took out the CAT and opened the muffler up on my 421 and it really woke up. Do they make a decent bar 3/8 lp for these things? The best i can find is Oregon Pro-Lite....Left Coast supplies has some GB bars really cheaper but i don't know if they're NOS from AU or the newer ones made in China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back