Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pulled the cylinder and think that it should have a full kit, it has a lot of wear near the exhaust port. The saw fires up on one pull, idles and quits. (Needs carb work)
I really don't need it and to old to run it, but it would be fun. What's it worth? I hate shipping bars if I can help it, so make offers on the power head. I posted pics in the chainsaw thread named Dolmar 143

I pulled the cylinder and think that it should have a full kit, it has a lot of wear near the exhaust port. The saw fires up on one pull, idles and quits. (Needs carb work)
I really don't need it and to old to run it, but it would be fun. What's it worth? I hate shipping bars if I can help it, so make offers on the power head. I posted pics in the chainsaw thread named Dolmar 143
PM inbound :)

I would guess you would have free porting issues with the 390 piston.

I have used the 153 piston in a 143.

It was a Mako aftermarket with a dome, she had some loose squish but the old dog pulls over harder than an 125 Mac!

That one needed quite a bit of skirt removal.

View attachment 376463
That picture is killer man! I think that falls under the "get wood category"

Hello :)

I have a small Sachs-Dolmar 105 , operational but with moody behavior.
Mistreated her making about 8 cubic meters (I think its about 2 cords, don't hate me if I'm wrong) of fire woods every year up to 2006. :chainsaw:
Due to unavailability of new replacement parts my dad looked around repair shops in Germany and conveniently found 2 105's with piston seizures for spare parts.
I since transferred heavier work to my , then new , Dolmar PS6400.

I also have a equally mistreated , and dead , Sachs-Dolmar 285 (electric) - she shared the workload with the 105 up to her untimely death! :(

As You can see above , having been impressed by the durability of both those small saws I (kinda) stayed with the brand - now just Dolmar. :)

Hey guys,

Does anyone have the size specs on the oil seals for the 111, 115, 520, 540 series saw? I found the IPL and have the part numbers but was hoping to cross reference the size so I can get cheaper AM seals. I have 4-5 of this series saw that are waiting on rebuilds so I figured it would be a good way to cut my costs. OEM seals are kinda expensive buying 5 sets.

OEM numbers
962 900 050
962 900 052

I got this Dolmar 153 from a retired faller that I know. He used it for falling cedar in wintertime, and packed this beast around wearing snowshoes in deep snow no less.
Anyway, he has modified the air filter, fitting one from an old stihl 08. I am making a foam pre-filter for it.

Having cleaned the saw up, taken the clutch apart to clean, put a kit in the carb, and tested it, it sure runs well for an old saw. The compression is excellent, I need to ground-start it and even then its ready......set.....PULL! The intake side if the piston looks pristine. I have not inspected the exhaust side yet as the muffler bolts are frozen. I am working at freeing them up......with "Moovit" sprayed daily.

How does the flywheel come off, with a puller? I am hesitant to use the hammer tap on the end of the crank, as parts for this are hard to find.........and I don't want to bugger it. If it's a puller, I may have to fab one up.

..........and for parts......
I am needing a fuel line, the one between the tank and the carb. It's black rubber, and has a 90 degree bend to it, with one end sized for 1/4 and the other end is larger diameter yet.......maybe 5/16ths or so. It's only 1 1/2" long or so. I used some regular yellow line as a replacement, and have wired it to the plastic connector with stainless wire for an air-tight seal, but it's not perfect, especially with that 90 degree bend. I would like the proper fuel hose. Any Dolmar dealers here? Nothing in the local saw shops here.

Some pics before the cleaning.

004.JPG 006.JPG

Made a few of these pullers.

They work on most 3 bolt flywheels.

Do be careful when running the 3 screws in as to not go to far and booger up the module underneath.

The best way I've found is to, get it square, pre-tension the center bolt to the max, then use a heavy duty heat gun and heat the flywheel.

Wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TINK!

Didn't post for some time on the AS forum. So i thought it's time to show you a special saw Dolmar CX-Super G(112) 118cc.
Saw was build between 1965-1968, this is a early build saw in black with yellow.
Found out that Dolmar build the CX Super(111) also 118cc, 1965-1968 in 2 colours.
Early one's had black-yellow paint later they build a serie with green-yellow paint.
Same as with the CX Super(111) the CX Super G came in black-yellow and green-yellow.IMG_1309.JPG

Way to go Marco!

I didn't know SD made 'bumble bee' saws (I knew about the Oz Macs that were yella and black).

Yup that has been my favorite color scheme since I bought my old '69 Dodge Coronet R/T!

Yup it is bumble bee colored too!

Hello all,

This is my first post in the Sachs Dolmar section. (I currently have a Olympyk 264F deluxe [a.k.a Oleo Mac 264F or Blitz B252A], and a Echo EVL 510).

I just picked up a Makita DCS520i from a garage sale for a 'I'm-not-even-going-to-try-and-negotiate' price. The saw runs and has good compression, and I don't think it will take much to restore it to its former glory. I understand this saw is a re-badged Dolmar 111i.

I need a piston for the oil pump (Makita part # 001-245-050, see third pic), plus a few other parts. Any members in Australia have a parts saw or parts that they are willing to sell? Would rather buy from someone on AS than pay exorbitant Australian dealer retail prices...

Back