Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more pertinent question is, did dolmar make this saw? Just wondering since it's in the dolmar thread...

Wish I could help on the spark plugs mark but have no clue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more pertinent question is, did dolmar make this saw? Just wondering since it's in the dolmar thread...

Wish I could help on the spark plugs mark but have no clue!

Made by Solo, should be in the Solo sticky.

Probably should post a pic of one of my old Dolmars, CC with rare AV rear handle.
Justin

Bearing and seal numbers for PS6400?

FW bearing
960 102 159 (6202 beating)
FW oil seal
962 900 052 (15x24x7)

Clutch bearing
960 102 179 (6203 C4)
Clutch oil seal
962 900 061 (17x28x 5 or 4)

Crankcase gasket
038 111 042

Recommend ordering from edge and engine in NY state. Easy online or phone order, reasonable shipping prices and quick shipping. Or Nate on here is a dealer and can order and mail them for you.

Discovered the front bar mount stud had worked out a tad on the 6400. It prevented the bar from laying flat. The chain now spins free where before it was in a bind. The Homie bar seems to fit well enuff. Have to check the oil channel/hole matchup.

Would a 1996(ish) 6400 have a cat in the muffler?

May just open the outlet up some and call it good,

Shouldn't be a cat unless someone sealed mufflers off a 6421 or newer 6400. The cat mufflers look like below and have a front muffler support like a husky. Your old red top should have a regular muffler. The original volume of the 6400 mufflers and decent size opening made opening the muffler a negligible performance increase until a 73-85cc cylinder is on them.

c2e1fe30ff924d2356d31bf601dd383b.jpg

75259c685ae919ce4314e097e5f0f942.jpg

Dropped the metering lever a touch but still loads up and dies at idle with 'L' screw damn near closed.

On the plus side adjusted the high side for max speed (by ear) plus a quarter turn back open.

Try one more time drop the lever more while waiting for a carb kit. No welch plugs on hand for Zama.

Latest posts

Back