Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PS-520 is a cheaper homeownerish version of the 115i which has a better carb and tune, but a good robust saw all the same. These era Dolmar's are very well built. A good running mid sized Dolmar will go for a very long time without any more than basic care, so it is worth rebuilding if it a saw that you want to keep and use, but you need to work out what caused it to seize in the first place before you start looking for pistons and cylinders. Generally I would say that you are better to hold out for a saw in better condition to start of with, but it could be a good project if you are up for it.

I'm helping a buddy rehabilitate a Dolmar 144 he inherited from his grampa. It is missing the fuel line between the tank and carb. The only spec I've been able to find is "Fuel Line, 4" Long - Cut from Bulk No. 90187 (25 ft. roll)."
I'd appreciate a description that will let me identify what hose will work - composition, ID, OD. Thanks!

6 year battle came to an end tonight when I finally found my ignition and got it into my 153!

She fired on the 15th pull and rev'ed right up!

93fd257de802dbe5f3e8c8f49539908b.jpg

9d35ac34006e8864e824c54c3f8f32c1.jpg

777944f81adde04a756ead69fbe4988f.jpg

55bcbeb9212447c86e918cf845ae6f59.jpg

859c1dcaa8c1ce3e288e17e19f92c3fc.jpg

Special thanks to @nmurph ! For those of you that remember Neil I bumped into him online and got the donor 152 with a good ignition from him. Saw is complete now but some muffler surgery is needed and maybe a little clutch cover surgery so I can mount the outer bucking spike.

Someone really wanted the special edition Sachs Dolmar 112, probably some collector trying to complete their Texas Chainsaw Massacre collection.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/112219835379
Wow... I have one of those and have been fighting with it to get it running. it's pulling fuel and has spark... Seems like it lights up the fuel after its flooded and blows fire out the muffler! LOL Pulling 135-140psi so I dont know what the deal is.

Nstueve,

Nice Sachs Dolmar 153. How long is that bar?

For de Sachs Dolmar 112 put on the coil from a 113/116/120si. The problem is the points and condensor.

Nstueve,

Nice Sachs Dolmar 153. How long is that bar?

For de Sachs Dolmar 112 put on the coil from a 113/116/120si. The problem is the points and condensor.

37" bar I believe.

Thanks for the 112 idea. It looked like it had spark on my inline spark tool but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Managed to get a handle and filter cover for the 5500 - filter cover was a 144 one that I have painted matt black - must say that the Poulan colours suit the 144 saws much better than the Dolmar orange which seems to make a big chunky saw more big and chunky. Just needs a carb kit and she is good to start cutting.

Ps540, why can't i find a reasonable top end for this saw? i have been looking for 3 years now, I did see one for $180.00 last year but hesitated and it was gone. can someone list what top ends will go on this saw again? i think NUSTEVE did this for me already at one time.

Thank you

Well I picked up a broken 6800 with a view to having a spare Ignition, starter, clutch etc for my 120si. It was missing the clutch cover. Closer inspection showed that while it had a stuffed piston that the cylinder was perhaps salvageable and the rest of the saw was in fantastic condition. This has led to an order going to Greece for a new piston and two sets of rings. The plan is to pick the best bits out of both the saws that I have and make one super 120si and a good usable second saw (will use the best barrel to put the new piston in and re ring the second saw). Luckily I had a spare dolmar clutch cover and brake mech that will mean that have two of the older style brakes (which I prefer in any case so even though one saw is actually a 6800i, it will be badges up as a 120si. I got the first saw for 50 and the second for 20 and I recon I am looking at 120 for parts to get both up and going. 200 for two 120si is really good going. These are cracking saws that are as good as anything in the 70cc range.

Ps540, why can't i find a reasonable top end for this saw? i have been looking for 3 years now, I did see one for $180.00 last year but hesitated and it was gone. can someone list what top ends will go on this saw again? i think NUSTEVE did this for me already at one time.

Thank you
Bump

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Back