Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone really wanted the special edition Sachs Dolmar 112, probably some collector trying to complete their Texas Chainsaw Massacre collection.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/112219835379

They are kinda neat,

IMG_1357.jpg

I bought it brand new and have never started it. It was getting handled a bit when I had it on display with the rest of my collection so I boxed it back up and it has not seen daylight since that day the picts were taken.

I bought it brand new and have never started it. It was getting handled a bit when I had it on display with the rest of my collection so I boxed it back up and it has not seen daylight since that day the picts were taken.
Holy cow that's amazing, very beautiful piece of machinery! The will power it must take to do something like that haha!

Holy cow that's amazing, very beautiful piece of machinery! The will power it must take to do something like that haha!

No so difficult when one owns so many saws, I had 5 of those 112`s at the time but they were the Orange ones. Bought out a retiring SD dealer and there was more than a few saws there.

No so difficult when one owns so many saws, I had 5 of those 112`s at the time but they were the Orange ones. Bought out a retiring SD dealer and there was more than a few saws there.
Man I hope to make it to that level one day, but by the time I am those types of opportunities probably won't be around haha.

Haha I already do that, but I am introverted by nature so just going into dealerships to see if they have old saws can be difficult for me.

I'm pretty introverted too. I have been in the local stihl dealer so much that the girls at the counter will now come out and get my boys out of the truck and walk them in and play. It's like a family there now. The guy who works on the saws offered for me to come in and learn anytime and so on. Just takes time.

A Sach Dolmar is on my short list of saws to collect, but I think I like the looks of the 120 series the best, like the 122 Super

Haha I already do that, but I am introverted by nature so just going into dealerships to see if they have old saws can be difficult for me.

Easier to start with small engine shops that do work on all types of small engines, they are usually easier to talk and deal with than a specific make dealer, at least that was what I found. After becoming a returning/ familiar customer of full fledged dealers then an inroad was already started. Soon there were too many saws coming my way and entire storage buildings began to fill up.

Easier to start with small engine shops that do work on all types of small engines, they are usually easier to talk and deal with than a specific make dealer, at least that was what I found. After becoming a returning/ familiar customer of full fledged dealers then an inroad was already started. Soon there were too many saws coming my way and entire storage buildings began to fill up.
I most definetely need to network a little bit, I have a chain I ordered from a local saw shop and the guy there was super nice, I think I'm going to frequent it a little more to buy little knick knacks and such, but I made a good impression though because it was a chain size they had never really dealt with for an old homie with a 24" solid nose bar. I'll probably buy my ppe from there, as well as my fuel filter since Stihl makes some of the best fuel filters.

I come in need of wisdom. I have a SD 112 I need to replace the crank seal on. I have the part in hand ordered from eBay. How do I pull the old one and put the new one on? Never done this before. Thanks if you can help

I come in need of wisdom. I have a SD 112 I need to replace the crank seal on. I have the part in hand ordered from eBay. How do I pull the old one and put the new one on? Never done this before. Thanks if you can help
You should do both sides while you are at it which means you are going to need to pull both the flywheel and clutch - are you confident in getting these off? My biggest tips would be to make sure that the saw is as clean as possible before you dive in and to take lots of pictures as you are pulling things apart if you have now done this before. Once you have the clutch and flywheel off it is all pretty straight forward but these are going to be your first challenge.

You should do both sides while you are at it which means you are going to need to pull both the flywheel and clutch - are you confident in getting these off? My biggest tips would be to make sure that the saw is as clean as possible before you dive in and to take lots of pictures as you are pulling things apart if you have now done this before. Once you have the clutch and flywheel off it is all pretty straight forward but these are going to be your first challenge.

Never taken it apart before so I don't know what all it entails...

Some of us have a pick removal tool that you pull the cold seal out with. Some use a small small screw to screw into the old seal and pull it out. Tap New seal in level with a seal installer or socket.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Some of us have a pick removal tool that you pull the cold seal out with. Some use a small small screw to screw into the old seal and pull it out. Tap New seal in level with a seal installer or socket.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I'll probably see what it takes to do the big change out. If not I may see if I can get away with this. If this is all that it needs then that'd be great. It's not a major saw in my grouping but I want it to run right

Latest posts

Back