Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to replace some seals as well and I tapped the seal on the flywheel side and inserted two screw but that thing is not budging...

There are only three cylinders left in production for this series.

P&C on the left is the 40mm used on model 109 & 110 chainsaws from late '90s until 10/2011. In Nov 2011 they switched production over to the 44mm bore cylinder.

The Cylinders in the center and right are 44mm . They are identical but are two different part number kits. These are used on late model 111 and the 115 which is still in production.

All cylinders will interchange but there were different carburetors used in the 33 years that these saws have been manufactured.

The 45mm PS-540 cylinder and piston has been discontinued. The PS-540 was only imported to the US for 5 or 6 years.

The 115 where the pro models and have some more power. Oem cylinders for ps540 can be found here in EU.

That was easy, 111 top end in the PS 540. I will keep it a secret.
23e29755f8df37557be41f21e96a584d.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Guys any ideas/help appreciated with an issue I have with one of my 120si's.
The one I have just rebuilt has a carb issue. I am almost sure that the injector valve is not seating and shutting off leading to massive overfueling. I believe that this saw seized because the previous owner had tried to deal with this by simply screwing the L and H needles in to cut off fuel and when the injector opening did partly close up in operation this led to a massive lean run situation and a melted piston.

I need to know if the injector lever is a press fit in the carb body and needs to be pulled out with force - its pretty stuck in there! I certainly don't want to break it of in the carb body. Is there any trick to removing this that is alluding me???

Thanks heaps mgr - I just want to make sure I don't break it off.
On another note, I am sending my brother to pick up an original owner 143 today along with 3x143 parts saws. By the looks of it I should be able to make one complete extra saw out of the parts. Really happy to add these to my collection. Main saw running very well with a 24 inch bar apparently. Has original owners documentation etc. Been a bit of stuffing around to procure but worth the effort I think.$_20 (7).JPG

Is it a Dolmar 143 or a 143mx extra? The extra have the plastic tank. Less weight and a little more fuel capacity vs alumium tank.

No mate it is an original non plastic tank one. All these big Dolmars are rare in Australia so you just grab whatever comes up. I am actually pretty happy that it is an older one as I have a number of bits and pieces to fit.

The 143 is also rare here in Europe. I do have 2 nos cylinder/pistons from Kolbensmidt for the 143.

Regards
Manuel

It will be interesting to see the condition of the other 3 crankases that come with the saw. I am hoping I can get one other saw out of what is thete.

2x143s for 200 ausd would be about as good a deal as you could hope to get - an equivalent Stihl here would be around 1000 for a single saw.

Price is good if you get 2 runners. Some crankshaft bearing failures are reported on the 143. So they went from ball to roller bearing.
133 super, 143, 343 cut off saw, wacker bts 13, makita dpc 9500/9501 uses the same crankshaft.

I picked this up in a lot of parts at a yard sale a while back, I would like to complete it, but, I'm pretty sure thats a pipe dream unless I stumble into a parts saw. Piston and cylinder are minty, crank threads are a little ugly where someone wasn't so gentle taking the flywheel off. Pretty sure it got put to pasture and robbed of parts due to ignition issues. I'm also sure there was a complete saw at the same sale, but, I missed out on it and 6 others, just managed to get the drawer of parts and parts powerheads. Don't mind the bench, the good one is buried in snowmobile parts right now... LOLIMG_0516.JPG IMG_0514.JPG IMG_0515.JPG IMG_0503.JPG

Few parts missing. Are you able to find a parts saw in your part of the world?

Back