Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my first Sachs Dolmar 120 and don't know a lot about them. Just starting to learn over the past 3-4 months.
I read somewhere that it was the other way around, that Poulan made saws for Sachs Dolmar. Which way is correct?
Both ways, different models.

Not a big bore Sachs, but here's my .050 over 101B MAC which I ran for the first time today. Brian Thacker rebuilt it for me. He began the video after I accidentally hit the kill button just into the cut. Scared us both at first before I realized it was me and not the saw. I am no cookie cutter or racer as is oblivious from the video. I haven't cut two dozen cookies in my life - four were today.

Ron

You should hear Uncle Lee's Big Bore 166.

POW!!

I seem to have lost my post trying to insert the quote. Anyway this is no big bore Sachs, but it is my first run of my .050 over 101B SP125 that Brian Thacker put back together for me. As the video shows I am no racer and my lifetime cookie count is still under two dozen, including the four today. Ron

I seem to have lost my post trying to insert the quote. Anyway this is no big bore Sachs, but it is my first run of my .050 over 101B SP125 that Brian Thacker put back together for me. As the video shows I am no racer and my lifetime cookie count is still under two dozen, including the four today. Ron

You need more bar & a bunch more wood!

bd71f8df9d3f459db20cc1adfff76f6f.jpg

1f4cba4ea22bdce5b86c21c1804f73e5.jpg

I thought I had a pic of the big bore 166, but I don't.

There were a number of Dolmar models sold only in Australia that were rebranded McCulloch. I don't know how the Double Eagle 50 got in there as it was "made in a Italian McCulloch factory". Certainly some clever Dolmar fan can tell you what each model really is based on the displacement, I only remember that the SP85 is actually the 133, and the SP118 is actually the 166.

macbrocure_aa.jpg
Macbrocure2aa.jpg

Mark

118 Pro is obviously 166. SuperPro85 is 133 Super. ProMac6800 is 120 Super. ProMac 5600 is 116. ProMac 5200 is 115i. ProMac 4300 is 109. Later they changed to 116si and 120si for the 60 and 68cc saws.

Just picked up a PS-9000 PHO, a bunch of bars and chains and an old sharpener for $50 for all.

PH sticks like old gas from sitting. Didnt tear into the skunk yet.

Hey guys! I bought what I thought was a cheap dolmar 119 that came with a brand new husky hard case. It's a little worse for wear cosmetically but runs ok. Just needs a little little love.

I started looking for parts for this thing an carl ups to find a parts brake down that matched what I had. So I looked for the serial and Noticed that the # is 120/120.... does that mean this is a 120 and not a 119 ? The clutch cover and the starter cover both say 119 so I'm kind of a bit confused. Any info will help and oh yeah is 150psi compression ok?

Thanks,
Jacklefty

Attachments

• IMG_2191.JPG
    IMG_2191.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2192.JPG
    IMG_2192.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2194.JPG
    IMG_2194.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
Another question I forgot to ask. Can I delete the base gasket without modding the cylinder? I planned on pulling the saw apart and inspecting the piston and cylinder and clean the saw up.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back