Safe stack temp for Englander 28-3500?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

802climber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Wondering what my maximum stack temperature should be and what optimal burn range should be. You can see in the pic where my thermocouple is installed in Duravent double wall going thru foundation to metalbestos chimney.
dbcc7c3518520d0b5053fe3e4a68ac6d.jpg

This is my 2nd season with the stove but previously I was using the inaccurate magnetic probe thermometer still installed near the thermocouple and IIRC was told not to go above 800* ???

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt many are using a probe getting the inner *temperature but I'd guess 800 sounds about right for an upper limit . External magnet on mine is keep around 375-500 as cruise mode temps .

Yeah it's a first for me. I always used a surface mount thermometer on other stoves . Just put in Auber wireless units with thermocouple. They read 100-200 degrees hotter than the magnet mount with probe

Yeah it's a first for me. I always used a surface mount thermometer on other stoves . Just put in Auber wireless units with thermocouple. They read 100-200 degrees hotter than the magnet mount with probe

So what makes you think the thermocouple is more right than the probe? Max continuous flue temp on class a is 1000 degrees.

It'd better be for what I paid for it [emoji1]

Latest posts

Back