Sandvik Stump Grinder Wheels And Teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Edwards

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
You guys who have the Sandvik wheels ,would you please tell us what you think of them now after you have ran them for awhile? I don't grind enough stumps to buy new teeth everytime i dull them . We usually sharpen the teeth in house. Last grinder I purchased had GreenTeeth already on it and I am impressed , downside is chips are thrown way too far . We usually do clean-up and it's a Pita. Have also found that some pockets have to be removed to take select teeth off wheel, I didn't like that at all. I keep leaning toward the Sandvik wheel whenever i think of spending anymore money on teeth. Give all good points and any negatives regarding the Sandvik set-up if you would please. Thank You.

I have the sandvik wheel on my Carlton 8018 TRX. Its a great wheel. I have Rayco machines and the Sandvik out performs the Rayco super tooth. I have 4 rock crusher teeth on the sandvik. I don't have to change dull teeth nearly as much as the Rayco. The Rayco super tooth is nice but Sandvik is much better. I had a problem with the sandvik teeth at first because I was using a air impact wrench and was torquing them to much which was stripping the threads. Guys on this site set me straight on that issue and I have not had a problem since. When my Rayco machines need new wheels I will be replacing them with the sandvik. Its worth the xtra money.

The Sandvik on my 4012 works well. Cuts fast, doesn't make a mess, and the teeth last great. I've always run Vermeer Pro Series - the Sandvik blows them away!

san-vik wheel

the san-vik on my 4012 cut lil fast you do have to slow ur swing lil bit but out cuts any wheel ive ever used and ive been doing tree work and grinding stumps all my life......... i have a shapening service myself there harder to sharpen so you know there gonna last longer and ur not gonna shapenin them on green wheels...if you need sum sharpened call me 2567594349.....
You guys who have the Sandvik wheels ,would you please tell us what you think of them now after you have ran them for awhile? I don't grind enough stumps to buy new teeth everytime i dull them . We usually sharpen the teeth in house. Last grinder I purchased had GreenTeeth already on it and I am impressed , downside is chips are thrown way too far . We usually do clean-up and it's a Pita. Have also found that some pockets have to be removed to take select teeth off wheel, I didn't like that at all. I keep leaning toward the Sandvik wheel whenever i think of spending anymore money on teeth. Give all good points and any negatives regarding the Sandvik set-up if you would please. Thank You.

new rive equipt

look up new river equipt there the ones that make the san.vik wheel use there wheel and you only pay 9.00 per tooth i pay 13.00 mine is the diamond shaped tooth get them to tell you the difference also i have sum new teeth to fit new rivers wheel i also sharpen them to...there alott harder than other teeth 256-759-4349

sanvik wheels fro mnew river

the san-vik on my 4012 cut lil fast you do have to slow ur swing lil bit but out cuts any wheel ive ever used and ive been doing tree work and grinding stumps all my life......... i have a shapening service myself there harder to sharpen so you know there gonna last longer and ur not gonna shapenin them on green wheels...if you need sum sharpened call me 2567594349.....
......yes there greatttttttttttt ill only use sanvik from now on
...new river equipt makes them for carlton call them there is cheaper and teeth are cheaper but you wont change them as offten and you wil lonly change the outside cutters 3 to 1 over the rest of the teeth

sanviks best wheel on market

san-vik is the best wheel ive ever used and the teeth last 10 times longer than oth3er teeth and YES san-vik wheels work ive got 6 machines and all have sanvik 2 machines are vermeer,but buy from new river equipt they make it for carlton there teeth 9.00 i have to pay 13.00 each if you buy wheel from carlton make sure its older than 2006or you wil lbe paying 13.00 like me lol i also sharpen them 256-759-4349

Do you guys reuse nuts when changing teeth or do you just use a new one ?

i get 3-4 changes out of my nut's . but i use nut's that are thicker and harder than the ones that were suppled with the bitts , and there all metal self locking. won't strip or loosen up. damn some of that didn't sound right. lol.

I want to add something that is missing on all the threads. The carlton machines do not come with Sandvik wheels. I have a 100hp 8018 that I was told when I bought it had a sandvik wheel. After talking to New river about my disappointment in how fast the wheel wore out. I was quickly informed that the wheel I had, while looking just like the sandvik was a carlton look a like. I have had my new Sandvik wheel for about two weeks now. The teeth angle, placement, and teeth them self are very different when placed side by side with the Carlton wheel. The new Sandvik is night and day better.

After using Vermeer teeth, 700,900,1100 series greenteeth, Carlton and Sandvik. The Sandvik wheel is hands down the smoothest, nicest and has the longest lasting teeth. The wheel will take 4-5" of wood a swipe easy.

mine came with origanaly with the pos finger teeth i up graded later night and day diff. your right on the diff angles from carlton vs newriver . i've got 2k hrs on it and hardly any ware . good upgrade anyway.

2007/4012

mine is a 2007 has the diamond shaped teeth as sum call them sanvik makes them for carlton and you have to buy them only from carlton 13.00 each if u had new river or 2006 an older there only 9.00 each i have 12 ew and 2 resharpened 2006 an older teeth ill sell or im goin by carlton factory on way to hurricane anyone goin to storm????im taking my teeth sharpener with me if you show up ill sharpen urs for a fee just look for my trailer yeller red writing stump grinding!!!! 2567594349...if u want these teeth i have now call b4 i get to carlton lol...i cut 2ft of concret today and didnt dull my teeth i also have chain saw sharper in trailer air/compressor a/c gen/welder / potta potty /2 beds/ anyone wanna buy me out ????

mine is a 2007 has the diamond shaped teeth as sum call them sanvik makes them for carlton and you have to buy them only from carlton 13.00 each if u had new river or 2006 an older there only 9.00 each i have 12 ew and 2 resharpened 2006 an older teeth ill sell or im goin by carlton factory on way to hurricane anyone goin to storm????im taking my teeth sharpener with me if you show up ill sharpen urs for a fee just look for my trailer yeller red writing stump grinding!!!! 2567594349...if u want these teeth i have now call b4 i get to carlton lol...i cut 2ft of concret today and didnt dull my teeth i also have chain saw sharper in trailer air/compressor a/c gen/welder / potta potty /2 beds/ anyone wanna buy me out ????

Hey Stormchaser...How do you sharpen your sandvik teeth? For years I have sharpened my own Rayco super teeth, but the sandvik are a little more difficult to sharpen because they as you know are squared off. By the time I get it squared off with an nice edge, there isn't much carbide left. Any tips on sharpening them would help me out. Thanks! I am changing over my 2008 Rayco RG66 to a sandvik wheel from New River. I will probably just go with the Dura Disk II rather than the Revolution wheel unless someone recommends the Revolution over the Dura Disk II.

Back