Sandvik Stump Grinder Wheels And Teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shapening sanvik teeth

Hey Stormchaser...How do you sharpen your sandvik teeth? For years I have sharpened my own Rayco super teeth, but the sandvik are a little more difficult to sharpen because they as you know are squared off. By the time I get it squared off with an nice edge, there isn't much carbide left. Any tips on sharpening them would help me out. Thanks! I am changing over my 2008 Rayco RG66 to a sandvik wheel from New River. I will probably just go with the Dura Disk II rather than the Revolution wheel unless someone recommends the Revolution over the Dura Disk II.

if u call me ill tell you if i tell online all have to kill you lol 256-759-4349 sorry i been driving allday toward n.c.

sharpening grinder teeth

and its real easy

yes there very very hard and dont wear out like other teeth do rite? so you have to do as i did
************** it was very easy lol as i just said lol i sharpen mine when i need to just not very often lol is anyone going to hurricane or im i the only one going????

I bought the revolution wheel. It seems more aggressive. The way the pockets are placed should protect the wheel much better leading to a longer wheel life.

I found out the the Dura Disk II is no longer made. I will be getting the Revolution for my Rayco. New River has their teeth listed at $12.85 each. Where did you come up with $9.00 .

I also upraged to a revolution Sandvik wheel. I cant find the teeth at $9.00 ea either? Ive been sharpening my sandvik teeth with a green wheel. but it eats the green wheel up fast and really dusty. theres gotta be a better way

Been buyin teeth for my sandvik dura disk for 3 years from only place I've ever found that sells them and they aint $9, there $11.25 if you buy in quantity. I sharpen my own, using a Diamond impregnated grinding wheel on a 6 inch carbide grinder set up to sharpen carbide tools.(It looks like a typical dual wheel grinder) It has a green wheel on one side,(useless) and diamond on the other. Bought the grinder from a machine shop that went out of business.
Theres nothing out there that compares to the sandvik system. It is the wheel that came on my 7015tx. I run 2 rock teeth, and am showing lots of wear on the wheel itself. The spacing of the teeth on the "revolution" wheel is suppose to prevent the wheel wear. It sounds like a worthwhile upgrade once the origanal has reached the end of its life. Rocks, cement and metal fence posts, foundations (oops) are no problem with this set up. teeth never break, just chip on occasion. Use 'never sieze' when installing and youll never have a problem.

rev 2

hey guys, just picked up my rev. 2 wheel i will be installing it tommorrow. I have a Vermeer 655 with the yellow jacket teeth to say it politley they suck. I had a carlton 4012, 2007 with the sanvick wheel what a dream machine.
The vermeer yellow jacket teeth should never be sold, my machine has 150hrs on it and i have had 4 pockets come off, the teeth wear so fast that when time to flip them to the other cutting surface the notch has worn away so it will not stay in the proper postion, and the nut holding it in gets so worn that a socket will not fit any more and a vise-grip is need to take it off.
I hope that the investment in the new wheel pays off (i am sure that it will), well any thing is better than yellow jacket.

lawmart

Sndvik wheels are awesome

on High horse power machines Sandvic wheels work awesome. they easily work 50-60% better than conventional 1/2 inch finger design. I'm not sold on their effectiveness for low horse machines. I have found that the multi tip wheels of Alpine Magnum seem to perform exceptionally well on machines less than 40 horse!
hope that helps

4012 33 hp

on High horse power machines Sandvic wheels work awesome. they easily work 50-60% better than conventional 1/2 inch finger design. I'm not sold on their effectiveness for low horse machines. I have found that the multi tip wheels of Alpine Magnum seem to perform exceptionally well on machines less than 40 horse!
hope that helps

i have a 4012 33hp turbo carlton and it was lil slow at first until i bought my re-sharpening machine and took sum off each side of my teeth its like greenteeth there in different sizes and so are mine nowonly takes few mins longer to fix anf cuts great call ill tell where and what i use to sharpen or u can send um to me ill resharpenum 4u 256-759-4349 davis moody tree service and stump grinding 3 dollars each toof

stormchaser

You guys who have the Sandvik wheels ,would you please tell us what you think of them now after you have ran them for awhile? I don't grind enough stumps to buy new teeth everytime i dull them . We usually sharpen the teeth in house. Last grinder I purchased had GreenTeeth already on it and I am impressed , downside is chips are thrown way too far . We usually do clean-up and it's a Pita. Have also found that some pockets have to be removed to take select teeth off wheel, I didn't like that at all. I keep leaning toward the Sandvik wheel whenever i think of spending anymore money on teeth. Give all good points and any negatives regarding the Sandvik set-up if you would please. Thank You.

i love my sanvik wheel its on my 4012 33hp grinder i also sharpen my own teeth ill shapen urs ir you get sum i have a sharpening service diamond eloplated wheels is only way carbide is 3 times harder and your teeth will last must longer between changing 256-759-4349 moody treeand stump grinding my grinder is also 4sale

stormchaser

i have a 4012 33hp turbo carlton and it was lil slow at first until i bought my re-sharpening machine and took sum off each side of my teeth its like greenteeth there in different sizes and so are mine nowonly takes few mins longer to fix anf cuts great call ill tell where and what i use to sharpen or u can send um to me ill resharpenum 4u 256-759-4349 davis moody tree service and stump grinding 3 dollars each toof

hey guys send me ur old used teeth ill tryin sharpen them and see if i have the teeth ur looking for to trade you ill go to storms and sell ur old teeth and get there old used teeth to re-sell ok 256-759-4349

sandvik cost

Any idea what a sandvik wheel cost? I would be interested in one for our 4012

I recently broke the cutter wheel shaft on my Carlton 2500-4 and the shft and bearings are about 500 from carlton and New River quoted for the Revolution wheel and Sandvik cutters and pockets assembled was $1200 so about $1700 all together

carlton quoted $2800 for a wheel shaft bearings spacers and all assembled with knives and pockets ready to bolt up and reinstall my pully and belt to, the catch is if you use the carlton wheel you have to use the carlton teeth, and vise versa the new river teeth are now 14.95 so they both get you by the curlies, here are some helpful links mabe

New River Equipment » The REVOLUTION®

Cutter Wheel Shaft (Standard or Sandvik) for Carlton SP4012 -- Global Equipment Exporters Online Store

http://www.stumpcutters.com/parts_and_service.html

Paul

Last edited:
I recently broke the cutter wheel shaft on my Carlton 2500-4 and the shft and bearings are about 500 from carlton and New River quoted for the Revolution wheel and Sandvik cutters and pockets assembled was $1200 so about $1700 all together

carlton quoted $2800 for a wheel shaft bearings spacers and all assembled with knives and pockets ready to bolt up and reinstall my pully and belt to, the catch is if you use the carlton wheel you have to use the carlton teeth, and vise versa the new river teeth are now 14.95 so they both get you by the curlies, here are some helpful links mabe

New River Equipment » The REVOLUTION®

Cutter Wheel Shaft (Standard or Sandvik) for Carlton SP4012 -- Global Equipment Exporters Online Store

Carlton Professional Tree Equipment

Paul

Thanks for the info! I have a 4400-4 with a bad cutter wheel bearing, been thinking of upgrading to a sanvick wheel.

Check the offerings by Leonardi Manufacturing. I viewed their web site a few days ago just to get current on the Blueshark and the 12-tooth see-thru wheel they make. My Beeline SP-13 grinder uses eight (8) #500 green teeth at a reasonable cost for three use applications per tooth. My Husqvarna SG-13 has eight standard teeth and once they are dull they are history.
I hope this helps your search.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.889250,-92.096161

My previous post, two years nine months ago, talked about using Bluebird style teeth in my Husqvarna SG13. Later that year Ichanged that machine to Green #500 teeth and Green pockets. The change was worth it and Has already proven will save money in the long run. Last winter we had two quantity jobs to grind with the two 13HP grinders. Bad weather set us behind several days but the jobs worked out well.
It will be interesting to watch how the Sandvik teeth prove their worth. And Bandit has recently released their new Revolution Wheel (Bandit Bits/ Fall/Winter 2014, page 23). I will be watching the progress and changes with that new concept.

I have read through the thread and was curious if anyone is actually running a sandvic on anything lower than a 35hp?

I ask because I upgraded in the beginning of august to a greenwheel and and very happy with it on my rayco 1625. I can't imagine it being any faster than what I have now. Anyone ever compare the two?

This spring I changed out my stock wheel and upgraded to a Quad Wheel and Wear Sharp Teeth by Greenteeth/Green Manufacturing. I'm running it on my '92 Rayco 1620 Super Jr. and I'll tell you this I saw a major improvement in my machine performance. I'm cutting stumps faster and using less fuel doing it. I was actually able to get a full return on investment in one job. I still haven't made a rotation on the teeth yet. Plus after I have made a full rotation I can easily sharpen them. I personally love the product and glad I made the investment. It's worth taking a look at but that's my opinion. See for yourself look them up on YouTube or go to Greenteeth.com

Latest posts

Back