Saturday milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timberframed

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Any you SE PA MD NJ guys going to be out milling tomorrow? Bigoak, you up for heading over to Steves' and slabbin' some bigguns'? Got my new Carltons today!

Finally got up to the shop yesterday to find 4' drifts blocking the doors. Forgot the coal scoop so had to DIG BY HAND! to get in. Realizing I was out of matches, Had to use a magnifying glass to get the firebox going. Besides all that it was a productive day with the 3 phase generator/converter fully operational almost. Bigoak, is that a wood fired pizza oven behind the Stihl in your avatar?

I can’t make it guys. But if ya fire up the pizza oven, have a slice and a beer for me, would ya? Take some pics also please.

Hey Timberframed, big props for sticking with it on the snow removal by hand and finishing it up by firing up with a magnifying glass! :rock:.:muscle:

I'm stuck on my couch drinking beer, but I'm with my brothers in spirit.:happybanana:

Old Blue

That's actually where a fireplace was before a monster white oak split below the crotch, and smashed the place I was renting during hurricane sandy.

I forget what the top weighed but it leveled our dining room and put holes in the living room and kitchen ceiling.

Here's a pic of our dining room. We were super lucky to be alive. I literally went to bed within 15 minutes of a huge light fixture that fell where four of us were sitting. image.jpg

wow thank goodness every one was ok.
Sandy was quite the B@tcH.
She put a tree through the church and used the Ocean to demolished the place my wedding reception was supposed to happen..... insane to think it's 3plus years ago.

Back