Saw choice- new Echo 590, new Husky 455 or used Makita 6100?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgoblue9798

Reaction score
All are about $350. Makita appears to be in good shape and runs well. I know it is a better saw, but is it enough to make up for warranty difference on the other two new saws? Saw will be used maybe 30 days a year in my landscape business as well as cutting firewood. Thanks in advance.

The Makita is a nice saw and the power to weight ratio is better than the other 2 but the echo 590 is probably the best saw for the money.

I don't own any of these saws I do have a husky 450. I know the echo has a good reputation around here.

I have a Husqvarna 455. I use the 359 more often...but the 455 has never given a hit of a problem. Starts easy. It does have notably less power than the 359...but if you are cutting things under 16", I don't think the 455 will ever not be enough. That is nothing negative about the other 2...just a positive review of the 455.

Dont get the echo 590 its a piece ive gone through 3 of them. The pistons get scorched easy as hell . i used recommended gas to oil ratio and everything. One lasted over a year another two weeks. Plus the sprocket for it cost $50 which is ridiculous.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Dont get the echo 590 its a piece ive gone through 3 of them. The pistons get scorched easy as hell . i used recommended gas to oil ratio and everything. One lasted over a year another two weeks. Plus the sprocket for it cost $50 which is ridiculous.

There are many here on this site that think very highly of the Echo 590. I myself have the 600P model. The fact that you burned up 3 of what is a very durable saw indicates that you do not have any idea how to properly tune a saw. In your defense they are noted for having a lean tune from the factory. Spend some time here reading on how to properly tune a saw, do it, and you will find the Echo 590 is an excellent product.

The tuning might help i did love the first one i had until it was time to replace the sprocket. Even the guy at the saw shop was amazed that it was so high. When i had to replace it i only had $35 to my name till i finished a job so it was a bit frustrating.

These saws are easily converted to a rim sprocket setup, rims are usually under $10.

I love my cs-590, but have heard really great things about dolmars too. Don't think you could go wrong with either.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Back