SC 372 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know how to bypass operator presence on sc372 now if anyone wants to know. Thanks to treefireguy the auto sweep is disengaged .
Hey mate how do u disengage the operator presence on the sc372 my levers r showing wear and sometimes is very sensitive? Cheers mate

Could someone please share how to disable the operator presence and the auto sweep. I just purchased a 372. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To Disable the auto-sweep is easy. You just need to disconnect the fuse-plug behind the operator controls.
How to disconnect or overrule operator presence I don't know. Apparently the computer gets a signal from the solenoid that counts the engine revs. Simply disconnecting the solenoid is not the solution here unfortunately, cause you won't be able to engage the electric clutch. I guess you have to create your own 12V circuit with a switch to the clutch.

But keep in mind, the opperator presence was meant as a safety thing, so in my opinion it is better to get it work properly then to override it. It works fine on my sc252.

Thanks for the info. I just received the machine and I will definitely play with it before I decide to disable any safety features. I just have a feeling that it won't work as well as its supposed to.

The operator presence works excellent on my sc252. If it doesn't, fix it with new controls I would say. I do not recommend to overrule the operator presence cause it is very dangerous. When you're working and you're tired, you easily make mistakes.

It isn't that bad. I wish it would run about 10 seconds longer before cutting out though.

Back