Schmidy's Machinery

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very funny. Seriously, I have heard a lot of conflicting reports about him. I'm just wondering if anyone here has had any direct experience with him.

I won't comment any further because I've never done business with them. What I've seen of their inventory is ridiculously overpriced though.

I have been to many auctions and stood beside the Schmidy's guys. They buy the majority of their "stuff" at auction from Asplund, Lewis, Trees Inc, Townsend, Etc.. If you know anything about these companies and the horrific abuse their equipment sees, and the tremendous lack of maintenance/service they undergo- you know enough to know you don't want to buy from Schmidy's. They put a mediocre paint job on a piece of junk. Yes on occasion they may have a good truck for sale but it is going to be overpriced. By far though, the majority of their inventory is heavily abused and neglected, ex-line clearance equipment. BE CAREFUL!

just google the business name "schmitys machinery" and read all the law suites, they have been sued for the death of innocent people who didnt know any better then to not buy a truck from him. theres several unsolved complaints with the BBB, i was just reading a law suite about a tree guy in CT who sued him cause his truck was a piece of junk and schmitys wouldnt release the title till he signed a as is where is bill of sale

DON'T COME NEAR THESE GUYS. I am in the process of suing them.

Schmidy's Machinery from Clinton IL. sold me a 2008 Ford F750 for $44,000, after we completed the paper work and I wired them the total amount, they stopped communicating with me. When I finally got a hold of them, they told me there was a mistake and they sold my truck to someone else, and they will be sending me my money back plus one thousand dollars extra for the mistake, however, it has been 2 weeks since and everyday they say they are sending the money right away, but they still won’t return any of the money. I have just filed a police report for fraud, and filed a complaint with the Illinois Secretary of State Police against their dealer license. I’m in the process of contacting a local lawyer to start a lawsuit for my money, plus damages this situation has caused my business.

Back