School's out for summer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrider

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
High school teacher here and today marks the official start of my summer. I didn't get as much done since Christmas as I had hoped so I have a long ways to go processing all of this by the time Labor Day rolls around. The first pic is some bigger oak I didn't get to when it was still cool out. The 2nd and 3rd pic is most of the logs I currently have and the 4th pic is about 8' tall and 90' long...finished product. I have quite a bit of fun in store.image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

High school teacher here and today marks the official start of my summer. I didn't get as much done since Christmas as I had hoped so I have a long ways to go processing all of this by the time Labor Day rolls around. The first pic is some bigger oak I didn't get to when it was still cool out. The 2nd and 3rd pic is most of the logs I currently have and the 4th pic is about 8' tall and 90' long...finished product. I have quite a bit of fun in store.View attachment 431484 View attachment 431485 View attachment 431486 View attachment 431483
That's a lot of wood! Do you sell?

Look at the splits he's got...like Zog said...many a BTU there!! Damn impressive.

I like the progression of pics.. A few big annoying rounds. And then bam the grand finally, a mountain of splits. Nice!

Blaster, you said it- big annoying rounds. They wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have huge knots in them. I got them cut yesterday along with some smaller logs. The big ones will stay whole till I get help.

That is quite an operation for a one man show.

Where do you get your logs???

David

Yes I sell. Did 130 cords last year. Hoping for 150 this year.
Wow! that's quite a bit! I'm just starting out trying to sell wood having trouble finding where to cut though. of course it wouldn't be for this season but next years.

I get wood from every possible angle you can imagine. Cut trees in yards for money, get wood from local farmers always looking to clear here and there, scrounge on Craigslist, pick up along side the road, have made some connections here and there with tree guys, and buy some from land clearing companies. I am on the lookout 365 days a year. And yes, I keep it simple. Don't see the need for umpteen saws and all sorts of gadgets. I do have 2 other limbing saws but usually just use the one, a stihl ms 260 with a 16" bar.

Been busy with storm cleanup for two weeks. Got paid to cut and haul the wood in the one pic- about 10 cords of pine, gum, and poplar. Most of that is for my owb. I also got about 4 cords of oak. The pile of splits is from the last 7 days and is about 40' long- all oak.image.jpgimage.jpg

Got started on the locust yesterday. The site isn't letting me upload pictures for some reason, hopefully later? It's not as dense as I remember.

Back