School's out for summer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg image.jpg
Got about 30 percent of this pile cut yesterday. It's not as heavy/dense as I remember.

The first pic is my owb wood. Took about 3 hours to split roughly 4 cord. The second pic is longer oak - 20"-24" cut by tree guys so I pallet it to move since there's only about 5 cords. I cut to 16". Third pic is my newest oak pile. It's 75' long. The other oak pile is 100' long. The last pic is my locust pile. I have about half a cord to add to it tomorrow morning. Next up is the cherry logs- down 18-20 months so they will dry out real quick. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

When do you guys go back to school? I know my wife starts back here on the 28th. You better be hitting the hustle gear!

When do you guys go back to school? I know my wife starts back here on the 28th. You better be hitting the hustle gear!

Uh... pretty sure most of the folks on here finished school just a "few" years ago! :laugh:

Pretty sure the thread is called "School's out for the Summer". I believe he is a teacher fro what I can pick up in his posts. My point was that it looks like he maybe a touch behind in his splitting from this point last year by the size of his windrows. Seems the weather is changing around already and we are going to have to get ready for the big chill coming like it or not.

We go back Tuesday after Labor Day, 9/8. I am behind but I have more than ever. At least my remaining logs have been cut for 18-24 months. The cherry I've been busting up is ready to burn now.

The umbrella is set up on a post I hammer in the ground so it's real easy to move. When the sun moves, just pull the metal post out and hammer it in somewhere else. It makes splitting all summer long so much cooler and it was free off craigslist.

I am wanting to mount a 10 or 11 foot offset umbrella on mine. Umbrella would be just like yours except the stem is over to one side. I usually split at the house in front of the woodshed with a big fan and the umbrella would be a nice option.

I am out of time because school starts back up tomorrow. I didn't get it all done but I feel pretty good about how much I got done and what I have left. I am figuring about 110-115 done so far to sell.image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

What I have left to processimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
My personal stash for the wood boiler- totals 20 more cords.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I have about 35 cords left. Didn't quite have as much as I had hoped. Probably only worked up about 135 cords to sell and about 15 for the wood boiler. I was in great shape Labor Day weekend and even though I've been busy as heck delivering, I can tell I've softened up some in the last 2 months. Already started collecting for next year but I do plan on slowing down come deer season.

Impressive!

After schlepping that quantity of wood around all summer I bet those students call you sir!.

This won't happen in your class either:

A few years back I did have a student threaten me. He told me if I didn't walk away from him he was going to hit me over my head with a lab stool. I calmly smiled and replied, you're going to need a lot than that chair. We took a slow walk to the office and he was removed from the school that afternoon.

Latest posts

Back