Scored some nice wood.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pajeepman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Stopped by a friends place and he changed plans. He has a lot of oak cant he wants to get rid of.....read sweet dried fire wood. The are 10x10, 12x12, and 14x14. I was told maybe 1" of iffy wood on outside. Ones I looked at look great. Bummer is my trailer is only a 4x6 (3000# axle) but the wood is only 5 minutes from home. I know what I am doing tomorrow. Easy splitting, easy to handle. Some cants are 8'6 up to 20'[emoji106]

2d3441ad02e75ee47a789a24e37e4ec9.jpg

Lots more than this. Cool thing is I know I cut down some if this wood when I was with my last job

2d4f934629a1cbe88126af80fe1b3bba.jpg

64 pieces, milled, sticked, and covered in the middle of field for 3+ years, should be good to go!(some has been milled, ticked nad in a barn for 8 years then covered outside for 3.[emoji2]

cae621797e5b7daa419291b0057765c4.jpg

27 of the 11.5" x 12" and a few other smaller pieces. That's it for the the day. Hoping Tuesday to maybe cut and split some more(he has a timberwolf splitter and Wednesday grab a f450 dump truck and bring it home. I could probably fill my 4x6 trailer 30 more times if not more, all red and white oak!

[emoji2][emoji90][emoji200][emoji90]

cae621797e5b7daa419291b0057765c4.jpg

27 of the 11.5" x 12" and a few other smaller pieces. That's it for the the day. Hoping Tuesday to maybe cut and split some more(he has a timberwolf splitter and Wednesday grab a f450 dump truck and bring it home. I could probably fill my 4x6 trailer 30 more times if not more, all red and white oak!

[emoji2][emoji90][emoji200][emoji90]
That deserves a HUGE you SUCK

Huge suck. But is that not worth more than firewood. Seems a shame to burn nice milled oak beams.

Yes it really is nicer than firewood. Friend was going to build a 75 x 150 clear span barn but decided against it due to health issues. He milled it all himself, has kilns and is a skilled carpenter. It is a shame to firewood it but in his situation, he said, make it go away. If anybody in SE PA is interested in some as beams, he may be talked into selling some. Pm me and I will talk to him. They were overcut so when dry, the could be cut down to the proper dimensions and they would be true to size and cut away some of the checking.

Damn, what a score!

You definitely SUCK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, that's a shame about all that beam cutting going to waste, but..as long as it gets used.

Please tell me your not cutting up all those beams just for firewood??? I'd love them for building.

Yes I am cutting them up for firewood. Friend says they are junk, I do not think so but I have no use for them as they are unfortunately. Where in PA are you windyhill?

Latest posts

Back