Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well was able to get splitter out today and split a little wood, started pretty good after sitting for a few months, sure like that splitter, nice to be working with wood again :)IMG_1928.JPGalso decided it was time to get some tires for the wood (horse) trailer since one blew out just sitting there IMG_1927.JPGordered some new ones from Walmart, don't really like Walmart but hard to beat $56 for 10 ply shipped to your door.

Got my first scrounge of the year. bradford pair. Cut down and sawed up and he even helped me load it. Also had a little dead walnut to throw on top. Took me longer to hook up the trailer than it did to haul this load.

Attachments

• 0218171627.jpg
    0218171627.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 39
  • 0218171630.jpg
    0218171630.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 37
bradford pair isnt my favorite wood. Hard to split and burns fast once dry. Splits will have more splinters than anything I have ever seen. Kind of like stacking razor blades, but if someone wants to fall it, buck it and help me load it, and its less than a mile from my house, I'll take it.

cant answer about smoking with it. I got a neighbor that grabbed a arm load and says he's going to try it so I guess we'll see. It might do pretty good, I believe bradfords are grafted onto crab apple root stock, so it might be like smoking with apple wood.

As for wood turners, The John C Campbell Folk school is about 4 or 5 miles from me. They do all kinds of wood crafts there. https://www.folkschool.org/

Speaking of free wood close by. They are logging a small woods 2 miles from my place. Got word today that I can cut all the tops after they are done logging. And it is dry here after our 5-6th mud season this winter
Sounds like you hit the jackpot on free wood!!

Latest posts

Back