Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Americas kids suck. To be quite blunt. It doesn't help that the school systems they are in suck also though.
A bit harsh when the real problem is the parents. Lazy parents make lazy kids. My 4 year old has free roam of the 6.5 acres were we live if the suns up she will walk past the TV without a second thought and will play outside till she's exhausted. Helps split wood and stack it because she wants to not by her self but if I'm at the wood pile most likely she's by my side.IMG_20170319_192358.jpgalso doesn't mind getting dirty.IMG_20170401_151536.jpg

Here's an 'Outback' pic.... out on the back porch.
Got some wood ready for winter, 3 cubes of hardwood, 0.8 cubes of kindling. Our fire place is just inside the sliding door.
The big stack is 7ft tall my wife 5ft something. She asked me how's she supposed to get it?... Told her I'm in charge of bringing wood in for the first few weeks :)

View attachment 575060

View attachment 575065

Just tell her to take some bits from the bottom right hand end. The whole stack will be a height she can reach in no time.

A bit harsh when the real problem is the parents. Lazy parents make lazy kids. My 4 year old has free roam of the 6.5 acres were we live if the suns up she will walk past the TV without a second thought and will play outside till she's exhausted. Helps split wood and stack it because she wants to not by her self but if I'm at the wood pile most likely she's by my side.View attachment 575087also doesn't mind getting dirty.View attachment 575088

She's a cutie, must make you proud.

...though I didn't know kids grew out of the ground over there :crazy2:.

Guy that cut it down said there was a bunch of Nails at the base of the trunk. I'm not sure if it just stained the heart wood Cuz I didn't hit anything. When I bucked it up. Cut both piles there with an MS251C and two chains. Lost one when I hit the dirt. Other one I only had to hand file a bit to finish everything up. Hoping I don't run into anything to big while I'm splitting... 20170308_124113.jpg 20170308_124113.jpg

No sawing for a day or two. Had a fight with a cheap Chinese rachet strap while trying to seat the bead on my tractor tire. Only time I didn't have my gloves on too. Ended up cutting skin off with scissors and 3 stitches. Worse part was them scrubbing it clean. And if anyone else every does this don't try to sledge hammer stuff the next day. Unbelievable pain, I had a weak moment and wasn't thinking.
IMG_20170424_191806.jpg

No sawing for a day or two. Had a fight with a cheap Chinese rachet strap while trying to seat the bead on my tractor tire. Only time I didn't have my gloves on too. Ended up cutting skin off with scissors and 3 stitches. Worse part was them scrubbing it clean. And if anyone else every does this don't try to sledge hammer stuff the next day. Unbelievable pain, I had a weak moment and wasn't thinking.
View attachment 575559
Yuk

View attachment 575559
"ratchet strap" and "tractor tire" just sounds like a bad combination. Ill stay away from that stuff.

Latest posts

Back