Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone here feel like lending your expertise on guessing how many cord of wood I have here? I usually do a much better job at keeping track of the loads I bring home, but between having to leave early & get one of the kids or rain etc, I just have no idea. In the pics where the 2 X 4's are, I used to make towers out of the wood. But I put up the 2 X 4's this year. And I'm thinking this way there's allot more wood then doing the towers. So its basically 17½ feet long by 5 feet high. The wood is mostly cut at 16 inches. I put on top all the smaller pieces, chunks, small rounds etc. And they are on pallets. Thanks for your help guys, here's the pics. I know, more pics lol
a843b44d003b0c2361fa0697288ab7c9.jpg
820d86b017336fcd0e715024f0d0f31a.jpg
b69c2e7f374d7266d06fc3d4ec0f23d8.jpg

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk
Facecord is the common measurement around here, which isn't a true representation because it doesn't take length into account, but it's easy to eyeball. I'd say between 7 and 8 facecord. However, whether you use cord, facecord, cubic meters..... It's not enough man. Get out there and get some more!

How about that......
Even tho the steering wheel of Cowboys new hot rod is on the "Wrong Side"
the peddles seem to be arranged the same way as they are here in the States.
Clutch on the left, Break in the middle, Gas on the right.

David

Cowboy, real nice, and glad you went with the stick. However, I can not imagine being able to speed shift as well left handed,

It's funny you mention that. My old Holden (the '69) is a three-on-the-tree column manual, and I drove nothing else at home for years. The first floor shift I drove regularly was my friend's Mitsubishi over in NH for several months so I was then used to changing gear on the column with my left hand and floor with my right. When I first drove a floor shift manual in Aus the first thing I did was put it in 5th and stalled it :laughing: .

Would that thing have followed on from the Monaro? We got the Monaro, badged as a Vauxhall and ever so slightly anglicised, but we don't get that. I guess there's not much market here but it's a shame not to get some more variation on our roads.

It was the other way around, the Monaro was the 2-door derivative, originally from the '68 model version of my old Holden. It was discontinued after about 1979. Funny story though with the second incarnation. Ford were due to unveil their new model Falcon at the International motor show (1998) so there were hordes of motoring journalists there to cover it. A few of the Holden design team had quietly had been working for two years on the two door version of the SS after hours and outside the scope of their normal work. So quietly that no-one knew about it, including the wives of the design team. It was at about the time that Bill Clinton had been sprung playing funny buggers with his interns and this new car that was keeping the designers in the office late became codenamed "Monica" - the other woman. They pulled the silk off it to the open-mouthed amazement of everyone at the motor show none of whom had a clue of its existence. I don't think anyone took a photo of the Ford all day.

Today's scrounge 2 pick up loads of spruce at the compost 1 mile away from the house... Cut to size and split will make someone happy next summer around the campfire

Great scrounge :)

Nice car there Cowboy !

The tire bill and speeding tickets would bankrupt me lol

hey @mainewoods !! i see you lurking out there.:laughing: how the he!! ya been? we're all stihl here plus a few more. hope your having a good summer and gettin the wood racks filled up. some old "farmers" are predicting a cold winter. :rolleyes: wait,it's always cold in Maine.:laugh:

Wow, it's a picture festival in here today. Well, Cowgirl had laughing rights yesterday going skiing in pristine conditions. But today the shoe was on the other foot. Needed new tyres.

View attachment 595171

And a new car to go with them.

View attachment 595172

I'll admit I did firm up a bit as I laid 6.2L of justice down on the windy bits coming home :rock: .

Nice car Cowboy, I'm a service manager at a GM dealer hear in the states. My general manager has one in white 6spd. My owner has a black one automatic with EVERYTHING blacked out. And one of my techs has a G8 with a stroker kit. We all love what down under gave us. Even the GTO's were fun.

Uncle MustangMike, I could have gotten you a sweet deal on one a few months back, remember.....

Facecord is the common measurement around here, which isn't a true representation because it doesn't take length into account, but it's easy to eyeball. I'd say between 7 and 8 facecord. However, whether you use cord, facecord, cubic meters..... It's not enough man. Get out there and get some more!
Lol, righty right, it ain't enough. That whole area under there will be full sooner rather then later. Got a truck load right now & hopefully get another tomorrow. Winter is coming fast. Can't believe its a couple weeks & kids back to school.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back