Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to say the same thing. Had no idea Homelites made real saws. WTH happened to my Homelite?
I'd say Homelite went in a different direction since the glory days. My grandpa had a Super EZ and also one of the C-5's that I had for a while. Lots of vibration and loud as heck but well built stuff.

lmao! Holy crap, that's just a photoshop bar top left right? Please tell my you don't actually use that thing.

No photoshop there. Those are my current work saws. LOL. I have used it to buck 1 piece of 20" cherry. Not too thrilled about sharpening 166 drivers. I need to go through and grind off every other cutter and make it a skip chain. 60" full comp pulls pretty hard.
I do have a monster oak I want to buck up sometime. About 64" diameter, It's gona take forever to split it.

I'd say Homelite went in a different direction since the glory days. My grandpa had a Super EZ and also one of the C-5's that I had for a while. Lots of vibration and loud as heck but well built stuff.

NEVER underestimate the Super EZ! EVER

I love these little buggers..

Instead of surf & turf, Clint is going to invite us over for Fur&Feathers!!!! Clint, they make them explosive charges so that U just cover them all with a net!

Hey, I should have had a second one today, but instead of going "bang" the MZ went "Footthhhh", and a lot of fire & smoke about 50 yds out. Can't figure if I forgot to stuff a bullet in, or if it dislodged. The deer actually semi circled around to try and figure what happened. I just stayed still in my tree stand, and they did not pick me up. Tomorrow is the last day of MZ season, I hope they come back!

At least I got to see them, so not a boring afternoon!

No photoshop there. Those are my current work saws. LOL. I have used it to buck 1 piece of 20" cherry. Not too thrilled about sharpening 166 drivers. I need to go through and grind off every other cutter and make it a skip chain. 60" full comp pulls pretty hard.
I do have a monster oak I want to buck up sometime. About 64" diameter, It's gona take forever to split it.

I would hate having to hand sharpen that thing. It has the power to pull that chain?

I would hate having to hand sharpen that thing. It has the power to pull that chain?

The big saw in the group shot. will 100cc of reed valve torque. pushing over 190psi if the clutch cover wasn't in the way on the lil saw it would spin the chain. LOL

Back