Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We did find another bunch of leaning spruce that we girdled , hope to cut them next year :)
svk , if you were thinking of getting a tractor at some point in time I'd keep the tongs .
No tractor for me. I'm still trying to declutter. Once I get done with all of the dying aspen on my property I'll be roadside scrounging primo species only so really don't need these.

IMG_20150301_141041.jpg

Is that a Big Foot hiding in those trees?

Well it looks like I won't be doing any scrounging for a while. I just got home, after 2 days in the ICU, from a darn heart attack. Had to have a stent put in due to an 80% blockage of one of my arteries. Please do yourselves a big favor and have your cholesterol checked. It isn't called the silent killer for nothing. I had no idea mine was as high as it was. But I have been one of the lucky ones, so far! Still a long road to recovery ahead when a heart muscle gets damaged. But I'm still alive, so you aren't getting rid of me that easily!!;):D
Hang in there buddy. You will be feeling better soon. I had a triple bypass about 14 years ago and felt like a new man once I got past that rehab stuff. I had over 90% blockage in one coronary artery before the surgery and felt like I was back to being 30 years old a few months after it. I never knew how much my gradually feeling older was just the blockage in my heart and not my age. Take the rehab exercises seriously and you will be on your feet in no time.

Went out today on a quest today for more wood over there .

IMG_20150301_132643.jpg

2 1/2' of ice/snow no need for snow shoes , more than 16" on the lake :)
When I got over there I had a look around .

IMG_20150301_141047.jpg

IMG_20150301_132834.jpg

Found a few that are dying , but not dead yet , weather permitting , we'll drop these next weekend and winch them across the lake .

Pioneerguy600 checking some dead standing stuff , but alas , it was no good :(

IMG_20150301_141041.jpg

I did manage to find 1/2 a load of some stuff I had left behind from the last time I was there so I'm happy :)

IMG_20150301_162426.jpg

IMG_20150301_162430.jpg

The dog and my stomach said it was supper time so the rest of the wood will wait for another day :)

Quite pretty there, really, and lookit that furball! hahahaha!

Mainewoods:
I had a Heart Attack at 46 years old.
Had to have a stent put in.
Dry, Non -Dairy Coffee Creamer is the worst thing ever.

Be careful with your meds for the next few weeks.
Blood thinners and Bata Blockers will make you light headed.
They will also make you Cold. Be careful going outside.

David

Thanks oldman 47, I have been winded for the last couple of weeks but thought it might be pneumonia. Now I know it wasn't that. No more self diagnosing for
DFK, I already feel the cold more. It was only -8 this morning, but it felt like -20. No creamer for me, and no more caffeine.

The deer are eating better than I am!LOL

009.JPG 001.JPG

Thanks oldman 47, I have been winded for the last couple of weeks but thought it might be pneumonia. Now I know it wasn't that. No more self diagnosing for
DFK, I already feel the cold more. It was only -8 this morning, but it felt like -20. No creamer for me, and no more caffeine.

The deer are eating better than I am!LOL

View attachment 408124 View attachment 408125
Jeez man, you could almost get a feed bag on those big'ins. Hope you have an alfalfa plot for the spring, don't want them leaving the yard.

I just took the dogs out. There is an additional 6" out there, and still coming down like crazy. I'm starting to wonder if it can all melt by April!

We have a lot of snow, on snow, on snow. Luckily, I did not schedule a 9:30 appt tomorrow morning, and the ATV will get it done before my 11:00 er.

Those Blizzaks really make the Mustang a good hwy car in this stuff. It was really coming down earlier, and there were only a few of us maintaining hwy speed on I-84. I got a schedule to keep.

Like the farmers used to say, make hay while the sun is shining, and tax season is only 2.5 months long.

I just took the dogs out. There is an additional 6" out there, and still coming down like crazy. I'm starting to wonder if it can all melt by April!

We have a lot of snow, on snow, on snow. Luckily, I did not schedule a 9:30 appt tomorrow morning, and the ATV will get it done before my 11:00 er.

Those Blizzaks really make the Mustang a good hwy car in this stuff. It was really coming down earlier, and there were only a few of us maintaining hwy speed on I-84. I got a schedule to keep.

Like the farmers used to say, make hay while the sun is shining, and tax season is only 2.5 months long.
Blizzard are the bomb. I think Winterforce are another equally good tire. I've used both and drive them through all seasons. Without a second pair of rims it doesn't make sense to be changing over to summer tires on my beater car. I try to stay on two wheels for the summer anyways so those snows dont see as much as a regular daily driver...

I put my high performance summer tires on wider wheels, so the Blizzaks are on the original wheels. Lucky for me, the 2006 was the last year before they put the tire pressure sensors in, so I don't have to deal with that when I switch them.

I think the Blizzaks were the first, but several companies not making good winter tires. They claim that even on dry roads, they grip better than all season tires if the temps are under 40 degrees. If you run them in the summer, I hear they wear very fast, but they last well in the winter. I'm on the 3rd or 4th winter, and they still look almost new. (I do about 4,000 miles each winter).

Latest posts

Back