Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be looking for an 8 yr old. I just went to the pictures forum and tried following instructions there unsuccessfully with a picture from my computer. File was too big. And anyway the pictures of the punkin in the dutch oven are on my iphone anyway. Aren't all pictures taken with a cellphone 'cellphies'?

dc918abc8f3ae3bb37076c17f5d7cac9.jpg

Been trying to scrounge more ducks than wood lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All right! Scrounged up a small load of all white oak, 4 foot logs. First try on my pickup bed trailer since I bought it. Small load because this is custom cut, what the guy wanted for growing mushrooms. I'm giving it away in exchange for a couple back next spring with the mushrooms growing from it. Had to go uphill to cut, put it in 4 wheel low to come back down, because I never used the trailer and wanted to make sure I had full braking, worked fine, had to give it some throttle just to go downhill, hahaha! A few bonus pics as well, beavers had one of the four trees I cut almost down, I left all the tops and branches for them. And hey, Canuckistanians, we done stole all your geeses, hahahaha! 346 did the duty today, man, I loves that saw!

Attachments

• IMG_20151128_142848.jpg
    IMG_20151128_142848.jpg
    744.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20151128_110310.jpg
    IMG_20151128_110310.jpg
    563 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20151128_105707.jpg
    IMG_20151128_105707.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20151125_095135.jpg
    IMG_20151125_095135.jpg
    942.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20151125_095051.jpg
    IMG_20151125_095051.jpg
    780.2 KB · Views: 53
All right! Scrounged up a small load of all white oak, 4 foot logs. First try on my pickup bed trailer since I bought it. Small load because this is custom cut, what the guy wanted for growing mushrooms. I'm giving it away in exchange for a couple back next spring with the mushrooms growing from it. Had to go uphill to cut, put it in 4 wheel low to come back down, because I never used the trailer and wanted to make sure I had full braking, worked fine, had to give it some throttle just to go downhill, hahaha! A few bonus pics as well, beavers had one of the four trees I cut almost down, I left all the tops and branches for them. And hey, Canuckistanians, we done stole all your geeses, hahahaha! 346 did the duty today, man, I loves that saw!
nice pics Zog. looks nice down there in jawgaw.

The rain that was supposed to stop in the AM still hasn't. I said screw it Ill work in the rain to get this scrounge done. After all, the truck is still loaded with the gear and ready to go. I get there and get all set up just have to top of the saw. SOB, WTF, where is the gas can? Long story short, my daughter ran out of gas last night/this morning and my son told her I had gas in the truck. To gallons of mix wasted. She had to walk by the 5 gal can of straight gas to get in my truck. Sometimes I really don't like having kids.

The rain that was supposed to stop in the AM still hasn't. I said screw it Ill work in the rain to get this scrounge done. After all, the truck is still loaded with the gear and ready to go. I get there and get all set up just have to top of the saw. SOB, WTF, where is the gas can? Long story short, my daughter ran out of gas last night/this morning and my son told her I had gas in the truck. To gallons of mix wasted. She had to walk by the 5 gal can of straight gas to get in my truck. Sometimes I really don't like having kids.
:cry::cry:
don't feel to bad now. went to the scrounge site to saw a truckload last week. took 2 saws.went to fill them up when i got there. Hmmmmm? 2 jugs of bar oil and no gas can. luckily 1 saw had 1/2 a tank and the other was full. don't have any kids to blame it on though.:dumb:

Anybody take advantage of the husky sale?

Nope, but I am going to call my local lowes tomorrow to see if they have the poulan pp5020av on sale for 99 bucks as reported in a thread on chainsaws. If so, gonna go over and grab one. I tried their website but it goes nuts on me, just keeps automatically reloading the page, mucho weirdness...

Back