Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was planning a weekend of working in the shop, welding and making a rear grapple for the tractor. Had a bit of an oopsie this morning and doubt it will be healed by the weekend. The truck steel tool slide out was much heavier than we expected. I was able to hold my end up while the other guys couldn't, but then I had to let go and was just a little slow getting my fingers all out. It'll buff right out. I had my gloves on, I gotta quit biting my nails too.
View attachment 484925
Here's what I use after a little ouch like that. You can tell by the discoloration how well it works and how long I've had it.
I tape under it first with water proof medical tape then on two of the tab dealys then tap the other two, all with the same piece of tape. It's best if it is cut just shorter than the joint then you get full use of it. Nothing can get to the injured part, then at night I air it out/let it breathe as I do keep it covered during the day. You can even put on and take off a pair of gloves if done right. I've done it more than a few times, alone with the hot drill bit to relieve pressure when you smash the nail like yours and the nail doesn't cut the skin(I almost never cut my nails that short after a few like yours)
I think taking it easy and cutting a few cords thus weekend would be a good plan:)20160209_224712.jpg
This one is a little ouch from the day Obama was elected, went down on the bike. I didn't have one of those dealy's big enough for this one, man did I use a lot of medical supplies on that one.
P1020230.JPG

The finger on the other side is doing good, the purple under the nail is just about grown out. This one will take it's place. I soaked it in salt( that was sweet) and it doesn't look that bad. Vitamin E seems to work for me. Pain in the azz to type though, I'm a hunt and peck guy. It'll heal enough by weekend to get some crap done. If not then a day spent at the local scrap yard searching for materials to build a new OWB will be light duty for me. Might build one next winter so time to start gathering the steel. He has a big propane tank that I have been dreaming about.

Nothing wrong with a 271. A lot of wood is cut with that saw. Same as a lot of deer killed with 30-30. Nothing glamorous about either but they get the job done.
I can't argue that, my #1 sellers are the ms290 and the rancher 455. I have personally cut a lot of wood with most of them I've had. I like my pro saws, but use every saw I get like I was saying before, then I can honestly say exactly what the saw does to the potential buyers. I sold 3-455 ranchers, a 460 rancher, a 450 rancher, a 353 Husky, a husky 346, an MS310, an MS441, and an MS460 just this last fall. I used every one of them:), you know which one I would have kept:chainsaw:, and it wasn't a husky :lol:,although I did enjoy the 353 and 346.
Now about the 30-30 thingo_O, I guess in a pinch:).

The finger on the other side is doing good, the purple under the nail is just about grown out. This one will take it's place. I soaked it in salt( that was sweet) and it doesn't look that bad. Vitamin E seems to work for me. Pain in the azz to type though, I'm a hunt and peck guy. It'll heal enough by weekend to get some crap done. If not then a day spent at the local scrap yard searching for materials to build a new OWB will be light duty for me. Might build one next winter so time to start gathering the steel. He has a big propane tank that I have been dreaming about.
That's funny, I noticed that, the left side was a little darker. I had some pictures from back when I was a wood butcher(rough in framer) and I also did roofing, I always had one fingernail that was black and blue:).
You gotta try one of those badminton thingys if you can, they work awesome for exactly what you got going.

Here's what I use after a little ouch like that. You can tell by the discoloration how well it works and how long I've had it.
I tape under it first with water proof medical tape then on two of the tab dealys then tap the other two, all with the same piece of tape. It's best if it is cut just shorter than the joint then you get full use of it. Nothing can get to the injured part, then at night I air it out/let it breathe as I do keep it covered during the day. You can even put on and take off a pair of gloves if done right. I've done it more than a few times, alone with the hot drill bit to relieve pressure when you smash the nail like yours and the nail doesn't cut the skin(I almost never cut my nails that short after a few like yours)
I think taking it easy and cutting a few cords thus weekend would be a good plan:)View attachment 484982
This one is a little ouch from the day Obama was elected, went down on the bike. I didn't have one of those dealy's big enough for this one, man did I use a lot of medical supplies on that one.
View attachment 484983
Ok, here's what the other arm looked like. These pictures are harder to get on here.
These should go well with breakfast:sweet:
Have fun out there today guys, and play it safe:dancing:
P1020226.JPG
You can see that my previous scar is still a little fresh on my wrist.
It ground off a 3rd of my pinky nail :nofunny:P1020233.JPG

Why would I do that?!? Those little mm echo's are rock stars for their size. Plus variety is nice.
Ok, you can keep those, at least they are orange:)
I've never owned one, but have been waiting for a deal on a cs310, missed one for 125 with the muffler mod already done, I want to get one for my son.
I have only heard great things about them.
Be back soon:chainsaw::chop:

I've been thinking of gettinga real heavy duty trailer I could do that with. Something around 5x8 or 10 with some nice tall sides.
If I did that with my aluminum ones I'd be paying for it. They serve their duty though.
If this one breaks it'll be because of all the rust through in places. I picked it up for 10 bucks off the side of the road. A couple new tires and we were all set.

If it does break and I'm sure it will eventually, I have a wagon that needs to be finished and will be able to haul much more.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If this one breaks it'll be because of all the rust through in places. I picked it up for 10 bucks off the side of the road. A couple new tires and we were all set.

If it does break and I'm sure it will eventually, I have a wagon that needs to be finished and will be able to haul much more.

Not bad for $10, I love a great deal:)
If you find one with only a little rust and bigger for cheap let me know.
I think I asked before, but I can't remember if you didn't answer, or you did and I forgot. Where about's here in Michigan are you.

Not bad for $10, I love a great deal:)
If you find one with only a little rust and bigger for cheap let me know.
I think I asked before, but I can't remember if you didn't answer, or you did and I forgot. Where about's here in Michigan are you.
Hastings Mi. How about you?

I will keep my eye out for one, but right now you are second in line lol. I have a friend looking for a similar deal.

I could kick my dad, he was using a mint one of my grandpas and broke a leaf spring bolt. They just put it out at the road for free.

I was riding ATV's with a friend when back when we were just out of HS. He had a hopped up Banshee and was doing wheelies down a quiet state highway (with me a ways behind on my Polaris sportsman 6x6). He got a little sideways letting the wheelie down and one front tire caught sideways and flipped it end over end several times. He was all rashed up and the worst part was he had dirt ground in to the road rash which took a lot of soaking in water and a trip to the ER. I think he sold the wheeler after that. The wheel that contacted the ground first was nearly ripped off.

Hastings Mi. How about you?

I will keep my eye out for one, but right now you are second in line lol. I have a friend looking for a similar deal.

I could kick my dad, he was using a mint one of my grandpas and broke a leaf spring bolt. They just put it out at the road for free.

I'm right up the street. In Lowell.
Just south of the fair grounds.

My dad just did that with his 08 chevy crew cab, blew it up and traded it in:(.
Oh well.

If you ever need a hand with anything let me know.
My name is Brett.

I am itching to get out. Have a new saw I am picking up today, a bunch of ash, hickory and walnut waiting to be bucked/hauled.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Sounds fun to me.
My buddies place has a bunch of hickory whips, they will flick you in the face like mad, it really hurts and you don't quickly forget it:dumb:

You talking scars, cars, or sarws Mike:lol:
Fixed it for myself:lol:
I wouldnt challenge chipper. He will find a 140cc race saw on CL just for the competition. Then sell it afterwards for 2x the investment.
Ok, I don't double my money that often, but it sure is nice when I do:envy:
I have been know to do some stuff like that, my buddies coined the term Brettiquette for that very reason, but I try to be a bit more resourceful these days. I would just find someone who actually knows how to run one and has one that they want to show off with, mike doesn't have a clue what I look like, as long as the guy has long sleeves and gloves he won't be able to see the scars:surprised3::chainsaw::laughing:

I'm not so sure he was talking about saws, we already came to the conclusion that his saws would have mine shaking in their cases:bowdown:.
His comment came after seeing my little scratches.
I'm guessing he is close to beating Evil Kenevil's record for the most broken bones, or has pictures of his femur sticking out of his socks :eek:
If not that then now that he's seen that I've gone down once he wants to race cars/bikes thinking I'm skeeerd to go fast :hi::cheers:

Latest posts

Back