Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fixed it for myself:lol:

I'm not so sure he was talking about saws, we already came to the conclusion that his saws would have mine shaking in their cases:bowdown:.

Exactly the reason for a MMWS 3120XP or 395XP. Make up for what the husky may lack with more cc's than Mike has.

On a side note. @MustangMike are any of your saws not ported?

That looks like a few mighty owiee's for a few weeks. I used to race 3 wheelers and had my left elbow screwnailed back together with screws and stainless alround back in 85. Honda 250R, R stood for Reck you bad.
Those are the wheelie kings, you cant keep them down. I know where there is an almost all original 87 TRX250r for $2500, it's sweeeeeet.
Yes, I've had other injuries that were worse in other ways, like getting high sided into the ground(that was all internal injuries to me, not the bike lots of damage), and losing it doing a rolling burnout in 34f with a sport touring tire that hooked up(only time that ever happened, I had to try it again, and again to make sure:)). That is all from one summer. My wife asked me to quit riding about 6 winters ago something about she wants me to be alive for my son not only to show him how to do wheelies by the van at 65mph:laugh: Only built a few since she asked me to stop riding, I have so many parts I will do a few more when we get a garage/pole barn and I can take my time on one again.
This is the last one I did.
And the rest of the injuries from the same wreck that cause those above.
Exactly the reason for a MMWS 3120XP or 395XP. Make up for what the husky may lack with more cc's than Mike has.

On a side note. @MustangMike are any of your saws not ported?
Here's a picture after I had my knees ported, I liked them stock better:givebeer:

P1020228.JPG P1020229.JPG
This is how I feel when riding one. P1040048.JPG

Well, I hate to interrupt the road rash but I'm less than 5 days away from getting my 562. Counting the hours now lol.
Just a minute, I have to respond to this one last post about road rash then you can interrupto_O
I was riding ATV's with a friend when back when we were just out of HS. He had a hopped up Banshee and was doing wheelies down a quiet state highway (with me a ways behind on my Polaris sportsman 6x6). He got a little sideways letting the wheelie down and one front tire caught sideways and flipped it end over end several times. He was all rashed up and the worst part was he had dirt ground in to the road rash which took a lot of soaking in water and a trip to the ER. I think he sold the wheeler after that. The wheel that contacted the ground first was nearly ripped off.
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures: Stop talking, and start posting some pictures of the saw already:hi::thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

You talking scars, or cars Mike.

Cough.....roll on.......

Just saying.
That looks like a few mighty owiee's for a few weeks. I used to race 3 wheelers and had my left elbow screwnailed back together with screws and stainless alround back in 85. Honda 250R, R stood for Reck you bad.

The 250R was a BMF. Back when manufacturers would put out products you could easily maim yourself on. I rode a 250R 3 wheeler once and holy poop. That was naughty.

That front tire liked air. Same with the 250r quad I rode. A more elegant weapon from a simpler time.

Well, I hate to interrupt the road rash but I'm less than 5 days away from getting my 562. Counting the hours now lol.

You're getting it massaged aren't you.

Cough.....roll on.......

Just saying.

The 250R was a BMF. Back when manufacturers would put out products you could easily maim yourself on. I rode a 250R 3 wheeler once and holy poop. That was naughty.

That front tire liked air. Same with the 250r quad I rode. A more elegant weapon from a simpler time.

You're getting it massaged aren't you.
Agreed on the 250r and trx250r.
Don't know what you mean on the "
Cough.....roll on.......

Just saying."
Help me out:reading:

Not yet Ben.

I'm hoping to meet a builder or two in person this spring at gtgs.

I hear the builder from the state of cheese is top of the heap. Eventually I'd suspect he'll be the recipient if he wants the work.

Agreed on the 250r and trx250r.
Don't know what you mean on the "
Cough.....roll on.......

Just saying."
Help me out:reading:

Absolutely....

No red light to red light....50 mph on....

My Cummins are not light to light trucks.........but I'll tangle from 50 or so on. I quickly saw a lot of sad faces in the other vehicle this way.

Pick your spots.

And one was with a mini hoe and skid steer behind me ......

My thought is do the 550 and 562 first. I'd really like to run a 394/395 before I do up the big saw as supposedly they are a totally different beast from the 85/90 swede saws.

You have a big saw....more than most can even conceive in there minds up here.

Unless you are into 30+ bar buried wood I wouldn't worry about that size.

ETA -

If we ever meet up......I will let you tangle with the 394.

I think that would give you a good perspective on the weight difference from your Jonsered.

Yeah you're right.

LOl...No I'm not.

If you want a 394/395 keep you eyes out in the classifieds for one from someone reputable.

My quad exhaust masterpiece, that someone actually did the math on for exhaust flow, and that price will never happen again.

Fortunately was able to dig up Mitchs old posts regarding the build of that saw. That saw is going into the coffin with me.

I have seen a lot of sweeties in there. You just have to be ready to jump. They don't last long unless it's a fixer upper.

044 #1 is not ported. Just a low restriction filter, dp muff cover, timing advance and base gasket delete, ALMOST STOCK!
Not even almost.... A mm only is almost stock. You are border line why not cut the squish and get out the grinder.

But what you did seems like it could be done without too many specialty tools. I have no idea what it takes to do a timing advance. You have a lot of big cc cutting machine's.

Not even almost.... A mm only is almost stock. You are border line why not cut the squish and get out the grinder.

But what you did seems like it could be done without too many specialty tools. I have no idea what it takes to do a timing advance. You have a lot of big cc cutting machine's.
Mike is a big strong guy. He runs one 044 in each hand so he needs extras for when the saws get tired. :)

Ok man I've been gone for hrs and no pictures yeto_O
I think your gonna have road rash on your back side from dragging it so long. Break this bad boy out already:happybanana:
Ok, you know I'm just jealous and want to see what I can't have right:D

Could someone post some pictures of something.
I'm getting real confused with all this talk about MM, low restriction(I think I was on one of those diets before), base gasket delete(did one of those at 120mph), and then this "You are border line why not cut the squish and get out the grinder"(what border, like Mexico is the squish the cops or the coyote, and do you just grind the fence, ok like where would you get the power or is the grinder cordless) I'm so confused is @MustangMike running from the cops, or is @benp for rolling the smoke.
Could someone just post a picture of a tree all cut up:dizzy:, or I'll just find more pictures of me all bruised up or cut up:picture:
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Back