Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Sorry to hear of all the damage. Glad everyone safe, lots of scrounge wood now.
I haven't seen much except for cottonwood and willow. But they guy who owns the property where I cut wood said he lost a huge oak I could have. Kind of hoping it's a red and not a burr so I can hand split on site.

Nice truck Nate, I like the color. I think the Load Inspector approves also.
Sometimes I think it's "the ride", They don't seem to care what it is as long as it goes, and they can look out the window.

Blistering heat here, I'm not going outside, gonna hide in the work shop and assemble the Husky 350. all the parts came in.
Closed port 45mm the next one is gonna be a 44mm open port.
Like I need another 50cc saw, It keeps me out of bars and away from fast women.

I haven't seen much except for cottonwood and willow. But they guy who owns the property where I cut wood said he lost a huge oak I could have. Kind of hoping it's a red and not a burr so I can hand split on site.
Ya that will be nice (the oak).

Nice truck Nate, I like the color. I think the Load Inspector approves also.
Sometimes I think it's "the ride", They don't seem to care what it is as long as it goes, and they can look out the window.

Blistering heat here, I'm not going outside, gonna hide in the work shop and assemble the Husky 350. all the parts came in.
Closed port 45mm the next one is gonna be a 44mm open port.
Like I need another 50cc saw, It keeps me out of bars and away from fast women.
Thanks, it was a good find. Ya I think your right she loves to go don't think it matters what it is or what color, lol.
Have fun with your 350 project, stay cool.

I have a couple generators but don't keep one at the house. I really should.

As I am the last house on the line, My power is always last for the power co,. to get to. We can be out here for several days, Most notabely in 2009 when we were out for 9 days, In which I had to run two generators to water to cows and keep the house going. At the shop I also have a 200 amp disct. to cut all power to the house. ( Notice the interlock switch in the panel also. ) The problem is that I have to keep 55 gallons of non ethonal gas here at all times. Actually which is good ,because it works in the saws and the zero turn also. But it not cheap!!

svk, get it hooked up, You won't regret it.

Attachments

• 2013-03-03 001 002.JPG
    2013-03-03 001 002.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • 2013-03-03 001 005.JPG
    2013-03-03 001 005.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
  • 2013-03-03 001 006.JPG
    2013-03-03 001 006.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
No wood, just the dog please, Very nice truck, looks something like mine. Mine is a 1995 model. Are we close?
Thanks, yes you are very close, good eye, 94, 454, nv4500 5 speed, it was cheap because no one wants 454 mpg but I got 15 mpg driving it 100 miles home and they are a good motor.

Thanks, yes you are very close, good eye, 94, 454, nv4500 5 speed, it was cheap because no one wants 454 mpg but I got 15 mpg driving it 100 miles home and they are a good motor.

They are good motors, Much better than the 390 ford IMO , As I had one in a 1974 canadian high boy 4x4 that I was lucky to get 11 mpg on the road, and about 7 around the farm. Plus need to carry a quart of oil with you at all times. ( 360 ford same thing ) The GM 366 4 main truck motor was also a good one.

Yesterday morning I had finally gotten my free to me SEZ running just in time for the saw races. It did well but it's tough to compete in a class that also includes the OE 346.

Today we finished bucking the storm damage wood and had to noodle several crotch pieces. This saw cuts extremely well for a 40 cc saw but the tiny clutch cover doesn't lend to noodling.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I have another half cord of silver maple scrounge in the trailer. This stuff is on the morning sun side and will be ready by fall.

Well, the Little Log Hauler, with recent modifications, saw duty in the Adirondacks today! (Note the pivoting log grippers) My neighbor Chris sold the bark from several White Birch, so we went around and dropped a few and hauled the logs back. It worked very well with the mods, but at the end of the day I noticed a bubble in the tire. I will be bringing it back to HF to see what they say. Otherwise, very pleased with how it worked!

I'll see if I can post a few of my pics. (We are in luck!!!)

Attachments

• IMG_20160724_125529510_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160724_125529510_HDR.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20160724_125542636_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160724_125542636_HDR.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20160724_125600676.jpg
    IMG_20160724_125600676.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20160724_132848025.jpg
    IMG_20160724_132848025.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 61
Well, the Little Log Hauler, with recent modifications, saw duty in the Adirondacks today! (Note the pivoting log grippers) My neighbor Chris sold the bark from several White Birch, so we went around and dropped a few and hauled the logs back. It worked very well with the mods, but at the end of the day I noticed a bubble in the tire. I will be bringing it back to HF to see what they say. Otherwise, very pleased with how it worked!

Mike, remind me again. Did you guys create that log hauler? It's simple yet very effective!!

I designed it, my friend Harold welded it, then I made an improvement (the pivoting log grippers).

I wanted something small & light that I could transport in the trailer (mostly under the ATV) that would allow the ATV to skid moderate size logs on the logging trails. Seems to work very well in it's final form!

It is easy to PU, and manually turn around, big advantages. Once the front of that log is off the ground, the ATV makes a great skidder, and most of the log stays clean for cutting.

Looks good Mike. Something so small and portable that can do so much work for you.

Back