Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20160928_155810.jpg

The scrounged together tractor from 2 tractors is all together and waiting for a trailer ride home to scrounge up some firewood :)

what are the hoses from the rear remotes for? grapple?

Movable remote :)
There's a spoolvalve right beside the loader joystick , I'll most likely use it for a hydraulic winch I have , then make a grapple for the forks that I have , then make a ram setup for downpressure on the 3pt when needed then .... there is no end to the possibilities LOL

IMG_20160928_155810.jpg

The scrounged together tractor from 2 tractors is all together and waiting for a trailer ride home to scrounge up some firewood :)
You will surely like that shuttleshift gearbox. I have a 25hp Yanmar 4wd very powerful tool. I only wish it it was turbo charged. . . lol
Mine is nowhere near as nice as yours.

Shuttleshift=Powershift virtually indestructible. Just make sure you never freeze it to the ground and them try to full power it unstuck. Things will break. Also make sure that you do not leave the clutch engaged to the flywheel for extended periods of dampness. They have a tendency to freeze/rust together.

Well the new bar looks like crap already. I'm blaming it on a few things. Maybe the chain was worn too bad and I was using winter bar oil from TSC. Cut 50 logs so 400 cuts. I cancelled my Lazer Forestry Pro bars and changed order to the next step up bar. Looks same just a different sticker. Going to get summer weight oil. I was using Lazer summer oil and when the jug was empty I just grabbed the next one on the shelf and never realized it was winter oil. The ash is also really really dry so I should have been using heavier bar lube. Oiler is working fine, just running it too hot. I changed out the bar chain and cut another 20 logs and the bar looks about the same. Only 50 logs left on the pile so it'll last to get it done. I'm planning to cut a whole mess of Poplar so the saw will get a break.
IMG_20160928_155928.jpg IMG_20160928_155904.jpg IMG_20160928_155810.jpg

Well the new bar looks like crap already. I'm blaming it on a few things. Maybe the chain was worn too bad and I was using winter bar oil from TSC. Cut 50 logs so 400 cuts. I cancelled my Lazer Forestry Pro bars and changed order to the next step up bar. Looks same just a different sticker. Going to get summer weight oil. I was using Lazer summer oil and when the jug was empty I just grabbed the next one on the shelf and never realized it was winter oil. The ash is also really really dry so I should have been using heavier bar lube. Oiler is working fine, just running it too hot. I changed out the bar chain and cut another 20 logs and the bar looks about the same. Only 50 logs left on the pile so it'll last to get it done. I'm planning to cut a whole mess of Poplar so the saw will get a break.
View attachment 528263 View attachment 528264 View attachment 528265
Sorry if I missed it before but is that a Pro-Lite?

Those are some pretty logs too.

It's a Forestry Master, one of the cheapest bars that Laser sells. I don't think they offer it in the new catalog. I usually buy the Forestry Pro bars but somehow messed up the Part numbers and got the cheap ones. The Pro bars are a littler more pointed and I thought maybe the more rounded bar would work better for just cutting rounds but guess not. Son is a Dealer so I pay wholesale price. 20" Forestry Master is $17, 20" Forestry Pro is $34, and 20" Ultra is $53. I'm buying chains in 10 pack for $170 before taxes. I should be throwing out the chains sooner.

It's a Forestry Master, one of the cheapest bars that Laser sells. I don't think they offer it in the new catalog. I usually buy the Forestry Pro bars but somehow messed up the Part numbers and got the cheap ones. The Pro bars are a littler more pointed and I thought maybe the more rounded bar would work better for just cutting rounds but guess not. Son is a Dealer so I pay wholesale price. 20" Forestry Master is $17, 20" Forestry Pro is $34, and 20" Ultra is $53. I'm buying chains in 10 pack for $170 before taxes. I should be throwing out the chains sooner.
How many of these bars do you buy at a time? All the same size?
Why dont you buy a Stihl RSN bar instead of these cheaper brands.

Back